TEC-22 bolt doesnt recock hammer.. HELP

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by lil tec-22, Jul 4, 2012.

1. lil tec-22

lil tec-22 New Member

Hi there, iv recently got my hands on a intratec 22 and it has been one prob after another. well really its been the same prob everytime heres the deal. I can only fire 1 shot at a time. it wouldnt expel the spent shell. so i bought a volquertsen extractor. now it either ejects fine and throws a rnd in the chamber but doest reset the trigger. or the shell gets smashed like the bolt didnt go far enough back for it to exit. or it jus fires. the bolt doesnt move...

so i started my process of elimination.. I only fire stingers and thunderbolts. (still doesnt cycle. I cleaned it very well.

while cleaning the bolt on the underside rear where it makes contact with the hammer loooks like its been shaved.. Could tht be a groove formed from normal wear and tear? can a bolt go bad? iv looked at new ones online and they r perfectly rectangle.

please help
  2. Helix_FR

Helix_FR New Member

Sounds like it had a failure to fire problem and the hammer spring was replaced with a heavier spring. heavy hammer springs can delay the slide opening but also wear grooves in the slide. if the grooves are deep enough the hammer wont be forced back and down enough to re-cock. does it cock by hand?
  3. lil tec-22

lil tec-22 New Member

4. lil tec-22

lil tec-22 New Member

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  5. lil tec-22

lil tec-22 New Member

6. Helix_FR

Helix_FR New Member

No they are offen referred as mainsprings. You can't tell if a spring is stock from pictures. Even if it is stock the worn slide can contribute to it not cocking. A conbination of worn rails will also cause issues. rack the slide by hand but pull up on it at the same time. See if the hammer cocks.
  7. lil tec-22

lil tec-22 New Member

IM STUMPED! :confused: IT cocks bak jus fine by hand but doesnt reset hammer after shooting for next rnd
  8. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Its short stroking the bolt. too much recoil spring tension.
  9. lil tec-22

lil tec-22 New Member

then buy a new recoilspring?
  10. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Or you could reduce the tension of the one you have.. Id clip one coil at a time until it cycles properly.
  11. lil tec-22

lil tec-22 New Member

we r on the same page man! i thought of tht yesterday and cut a circle or 2and it seems to have loosened a tad.. I need to test fire it before i cut any more.. I have a feeling the mainspring is too siff and thts the culperate tho.. if thts the case does anyone kno if its tuff or should i jus take it to a gunsmith?
  12. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Careful not to go too far. If you take too much tension off it will beat the hell out of the recoil buffer. Best to clip one coil at a time and stop once it cycles fully and reliably.
  13. lil tec-22

lil tec-22 New Member

thanks for the good help and info everyone.. Ill keep you posted once i take it to the range. "fingers crossed" :cool: