The Firearms Forum banner

TEC-22 fix help

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  goofy 
#1 ·
I know this is an oldy moldy, but I just bought a tec-22 and trying to fix the well documented problems. I ordered 2 steel lipped 10/22 magazines and a new extractor for it. I thoroughly cleaned it up. After removing the operating handle from the bolt,the firing pin wouldn't drop out. I had to physically pull it out, it was so gummed up. I then went to work on the extractor, but cannot figure out how to remove it to install the new one. Can anyone explain to me (or video) how to remove and replace it?

Just signed up and this is my first post. Hope to glean some good info here. Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
The extractor is held in by the extractor pin and spring (There is a notch on the extractor that fits into the bolt when the pin has pressure on it) It just lifts out when you push the pin back(with a very small screw driver).
Push back the pin(to free up the extractor) and slide the extractor back a little and pull it out.
Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.