Tec 22

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by trs455, May 23, 2012.

1. trs455

trs455 New Member

Anyone have any experience with an Intratec Scorpion .22. It will not feed, stovepipes, and has occasional light primer strikes with no discharge.
  2. Hammerslagger

Hammerslagger New Member

The paragraph below was copied off of Wikipedia:

"Reliability"

"Failure to eject ("stovepiping") is a common complaint of TEC-22 owners. Some owners report better reliability with certain magazine brands that have steel feed lips. The magazine well is fairly loose, allowing the magazine a wide range of possible orientations. The ejector in 10/22-style firearms is integral to the magazine. Because of this, the play in the magazine orientation can affect ejection.
    Another common complaint is the tendency of the firing pin to break. Aftermarket firing pins are available.
    An issue commonly found on these pistols that affects reliability revolves around the spacing found between the chamber wall and extractor ramp. The space is so vast that the extractor does not get enough of a grip on the spent casing's lip to properly extract the round. Several pistols have been made into reliable guns by reducing this space.
    When the Tec-22 first came out, some were recalled because they were firing automatic bursts."

I have no actual experience with this firearm. You might want to read the entire Wiki article.
    Last edited: May 23, 2012
  3. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

What type of magazines are you using?
  4. trs455

trs455 New Member

I have tried a Butler Creek 25 rnd with plastic lips, and a new Ruger 25 rnd with steel lips
  5. Big Shrek

Big Shrek Well-Known Member

Let me point you in a slightly different direction...
    http://www.gun-tests.com/performance/feb97magazine.html

It might say High Standard, but the info is as important for ANY box-style magazine...especially rimfires...
    Read it, learn it, love it ;)

You'll discover a lot of "Gun Issues" are simply badly adjusted magazine issues...
    or unadjusted...as the factories tend to just pump em out fast with little QC...
  6. mobydick200

mobydick200 New Member

mines do the same thang what can i do