tec-dc9

Discussion in 'The Pre-Ban Forum' started by shattered00, Sep 24, 2005.

1. shattered00

shattered00 New Member

I am looking into a tec-DC9(yes I know they are unreliable in both accuracy and extraction of bullets).

These prices that are listed(around 450) seem really steep for a gun that is of this poor quality, even if the manufacturer no longer makes them.

I can see why the Interdynamic open bolt versions are more expensive as collectors items, but I don't see why the DC9 is so expensive.

Does anyone have a suggested price that I shouldn't pay more than for one of these guns?

Thank you very much.
  2. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

These have had a following since before the last ban and are considered to be collectors.....whether reliable or not. They bring what the market will bare and that never varies much on these. If you are looking hard, this is one of the better deals I have seen lately and is worth more than the current bid.

Good Luck & welcome.

LTS

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=37214898
  3. gunfreakboy

gunfreakboy New Member

A friend of mine has a tech9. Been trying to buy it for a couple years now. Maybe he will give in someday.
  4. blackhawkkid308

blackhawkkid308 Member

i came up with the intratec scorpion 22 at the gunshow this past weekend, anyone know much about these things, kinda looks like an uzi with a screw on fake silencer, has the original 30 round mag and box. i like that it takes ruger 10-22 mags. cheap machine pistol, but looks like will be fun to shoot.
    blackhawkkid223
  5. tom vito

tom vito New Member

I have the tec-22. It is a lot of fun to shoot, but it seems very moody it that one day you can go out and blow a 1000 round without a jam, and then the next time you can't get 50 thru it without 3-4 jams. :(
  6. allmons

allmons New Member

I have a Tec 9 and can tell you that it is essentially a "jamomatic". Doesn't like ball ammo, doesn't like hollow point, heck it just don't like to shoot!

Oh sure, it looks cool, but accuracy and reliability are non-existent. I gave $400 for mine and feel ripped off. Magazines are expensive and hard to find
    ( at least, mags that will feed!). I really can't recommend it to anyone.

:(
  7. shattered00

shattered00 New Member

Yeah, I shot one that my cousin has. It was the post-ban version. Only feeds FMJ and truly is extremely innaccurate. Kudos to yall who talked me out of it hehe.
  8. SprayPray

SprayPray New Member

I have a Tec-22 Scorpion that had feed and eject problems until I gave it a feed ramp. Now it feeds fine but the slide rams home on empties before they can clear the ejector port. Sometimes after 2 or 3, sometimes after 10 or 15 rds. I'd appreciate any ideas.
  9. Desert Cajun

Desert Cajun New Member

I had a DC-9 in the 90's. I bought it at a gun show one day because I thought it looked cool. Bad decision. You can't aim with the thing, and even if you did, it just jammed and jammed and jammed...

My advice to anyone looking at one is to walk away. Quickly.
  10. TNT.45

TNT.45 New Member

Did someone fart or do I live near Detroit
    Thats strange to hear. I have a KG-9 and Tec-9 both of mine shoot great. No feeding or extraction problems. They are not very accurate though. I would suggest people having problems to clean there guns and lube them...lol

Average price for them is $250 to $500 for Tec-9's, AB-10 are a little less and KG-9 are a little more.
  11. Big Shrek

Big Shrek Well-Known Member

at least 50% of weapons called Jam-o-matics are using crappy ammo.

For .22lr's, Remington Golden BullSquish & Thunderduds are never to be used in anything but a Revolver. Dirty as a three-dolla hooker & about as lousy in consistancy ;)

9mm, don't use reloads of dubious quality or anything else that's earned a nasty nickname.

A good initial cleaning that removes all packing grease is the place to start...then polish all mating surfaces like the Bolt & inner action housing.

A Clean gun is a happy gun :)
  12. cakes

cakes New Member

I have a tec-9 and a tec-22. They both work fine for me.

And they are plenty accurate at the distances where most gun fights occur. If you have expectations of squirrel hunting with a tec pistol, you will be disappointed.
  13. saltydog

saltydog New Member

Same here. Mine works OK. I bought mine just "because". Yea, just because the news media didn't like them. I also have a Spectre in 45 acp. It shoots great but it eats my brass were I can't reload them anymore so I don't shoot it all. I heard that they only imported 100 of them in .45acp so I just keep it locked up. I was not really into the subgun wanna-bee's but what the heck, it was just something else for me to buy. Been doing it for 33 years now :)
  14. scudrunner

scudrunner New Member

I have a DC9 and I really do not recall and feed issues with it at all, I haven't shot it in over 10yrs. I think I picked it up in the early 90'S when they were first baned in NJ, I don't even remember what I payed for it. My MP40 SMG and MP44 are way more fun to shoot anyway so it just sits in my safe as part of my collection....:cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoNlzM6xRW0
  15. saltydog

saltydog New Member

Rock on, I know what you mean. I bought one because it was not popular with the press and I was looking for something else to waste money on. I bought a original Ingram Mac10 Submachine gun in 1980 (pre RPB) when they were $239.00 bucks + $200.00 tax stamp. Lots more fun but dang I can't go through 45's like I use too. Reloading is starting to get expensive. I put 3 mag dumps thru it 2 years ago just to make sure it was still ok and have not seriously shot it since I went to the last machine gun shoot in Hot Springs, Ark. 1992 :(

Oh well, my daughter can deal with it after I'm gone.....
  16. scudrunner

scudrunner New Member

YES!!! Ammo aint what it used to be!! My machine guns dont make it out much anymore. Fortunately I did buy up some BEFORE all this hype started but it's hard not go through it. I have a MAC 10 also but I haven't shot it in like 6 or 7 years, really burns the ammo as you know.
  17. saltydog

saltydog New Member

I miss those early years.. :(
  18. 100 Bullets

100 Bullets New Member

I wouldn't buy one unless it was a real good deal. I just a toy and not can jam. For the same money you can get a used glock and 30 round mag. At least you could carry the glock without the extended mag in it.
  19. saltydog

saltydog New Member

I have glocks, colts, smiths, brownings, HK's, etc. I just needed something else to buy. :)
  20. Big Shrek

Big Shrek Well-Known Member

I've got an AB-10, which is the Post-ban Tec-9. It's fun, but bulky.

If you want proper functioning & high-capacity, the Calico Liberty is the way to go.

100 rounds per mag of 9mm trumps anything Glock ever thought of.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2010