Technology...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WyomingSwede, Feb 4, 2004.

1. WyomingSwede

WyomingSwede Guest

A woman brought a very limp parrot into a veterinary surgeon. As she lay her pet on the table, the vet pulled out his stethoscope and listened to the bird's chest. After a moment or two, the vet shook his head sadly and said, "I'm so sorry; your parrot has passed away."

The distressed owner wailed, "Are you sure? I mean, you haven't done any testing on him or anything. He might just be in a coma or something?"

The vet rolled his eyes, shrugged, turned and left the room, returning a few moments later with beautiful black Labrador. As the bird's owner looked on in amazement, the dog stood on his hind legs, put his front paws on the examination table and sniffed the dead parrot from top to bottom. He then looked at the vet with sad eyes and shook his head. The vet patted the dog's head and took it out but returned a few moments later with a cat!

The cat jumped up and also sniffed delicately at the ex-bird. The cat sat back, shook its head, meowed and ran out of the room. The vet looked at the woman and said, "I'm sorry; but like I said, Your parrot is most definitely, 100% certifiably ... dead."

He then turned to his computer terminal, hit a few keys and produced a bill which he handed to the woman. The parrot's owner, still in shock, took the bill.

$150?!?" she screamed. "$150 just to tell me my bird is dead?!?"

The vet shrugged. "If you'd taken my word for it the bill would have only been $20, but... what with the Lab Report and the Cat Scan...it's 150.00"

Its not the superbowl halftime show, but,
    thought you all might enjoy this... swede
  2. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

That was a good Hump Day chuckle, Swede!!

Attached Files:

3. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

Aw shoot, Swede!:)
  4. merc

merc New Member

corny!!!!!!!!
  5. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Just send the bill for Jack's part, my Lab, and I will bill ya! :D :D :D :D :D :D