1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Ted Poe, who is he?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jack404, Dec 6, 2011.

1. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

got a email , ( i get lot's , NRA membership and donations to pro gun groups does that eh)

Dear Jack,

For ten years, thousands of American troops have fought against terrorism and for the liberation of Iraq. During this time, the American taxpayers have spent billions of dollars on the military equipment used during Operation Iraqi Freedom. As the U.S. proceeds with withdrawal from Iraq, and thousands of our desert warriors are enthusiastically welcomed home, the question is what to do with all of the military equipment that we paid for to be used in Iraq.
    Some of the military equipment will be left in Iraq. But, some of the equipment worth billions of dollars is coming home to America. Rather than sit in a surplus yard somewhere, we should send this equipment to the law enforcement agencies on the U.S. border with Mexico.
    Since 2006, the drug wars in Mexico have claimed the lives of more than 40,000 people, destabilizing Mexico. Although the Administration seems to think that the violence will not reach our citizens, the truth is it already has. Human trafficking and drugs flow north of the border every day, while money and firearms go south over our dangerous and insecure border. The narco-terrorists are fully operational in Mexico and in many major cities in the U.S.
    In order to respond to this dire situation, I recently introduced the Send Equipment for National Defense (SEND) Act. This bill would require the Secretary of Defense to send 10% of the eligible equipment that is returning from Iraq to state and local law enforcement agencies for border security purposes. Eligible equipment would include Humvees, night vision equipment and surveillance unmanned aerial vehicles. This would be made available to those agencies who request it through an already existing Department of Defense program. (There is a provision that the Defense Secretary can waive this requirement if the equipment is needed elsewhere, such as another war or an emergency).
    Instead of preaching that the border is safe, Washington should partner with Border States to stop the organized criminal cartel invasion into the United States. The American people have invested billions of dollars in equipment used to secure Iraq. Now it’s time to use this same equipment to secure the U.S.

And that’s just the way it is.
    God and Texas,

TED POE
    Member of Congress
    TEXAS

-----------------------------------------------

the the guy legit ? or this just another scam ?

getting synical eh .. but i aint jhad time to really go through all your poli's

but i do like whats said here .. let me know whats what please ..
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  2. Juker

Juker New Member

He's one of the good guys - he was one of those standing at the forefront of the Houston VA Cemetery issue...

http://poe.house.gov/
  3. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

cool ! cheers for that, i'll sign on then
  4. trespoe

trespoe New Member

could be a distant cousin of mine, for all I know. (doubtful, I think I know all of my relatives from my Dad's side.)
  5. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

i'm mirroring the petition on the Australian Armed Services web net , 200,000 members

let's help Mr Poe stick it to these mutt's who wish to remove God from everywhere

cheers for the heads up , happy to help good folks and causes where i can , dont wanna help those who work against our troops
  6. JohnHenry

JohnHenry Well-Known Member

I second Juker's comments . As most of you know my son is a Harris County Deputy, Texas that is.
    Before running for congress Ted Poe spent several years as a judge in Harris County .... my son was his court room baliff for 4/5 years . Son speaks very highly of Judge Poe and I was favorably impressed the one time that I met him .... we talked for 20 minutes or so the day he conducted my son's wedding .
    This is one of the public figures that believes in making the punishment fit the crime .... I'm aware of him having one of the local "upper crust" kids that was found guilty of minor crime spend "service hours" cleaning out stalls at the county sheriff stables.
  7. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

Sounds good to me, they can use it on the border. Plus it will be kept in operational condition. That's a win win.
  8. medalguy

medalguy Member

Ted Poe was a Harris County judge (Houston Texas) now a member of the House of Representatves, generally very well liked by honest, conservative God-fearing folks. Also equally despised by athiest liberal Commie types. Guess that just about describes him. I LIKE HIM!!
  9. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Got a short but nice email back from the gent ,

thanking me and all Aussies for standing by your folks there

i cant get any politician here to answer nothin , you get a "aid"

( generally some sweet thing with DDD cups )
  10. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

sounds good to me too
  11. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Jack, I'd love to get an email from "some sweet thing with DDD CUPS!"

LOL Berto out.