ted williams 12 ga

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by Slimslam, Jun 25, 2003.

1. Slimslam

Slimslam New Member

A friend just gave me his Ted Williams Model 200 12 ga (2 3/4 chamber) shotgun. Who actually manufactured Sears' rifles, shotguns back in the 60's-80's? Thanks
    SS
  2. Slimslam

Slimslam New Member

'nuther question.....

When acquiring a long gun from a private owner, should I go to an FFL to register it, background check, etc?? Thanks
    ss
  3. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Hi Slimslam, there is no need to go to a FFL to register a private sale.

Now, as far as the manufacturer of the gun, I do not know. I am sure that the powers to be with that knowledge will be along shortly. It will probably help is you post the serial number, if it has one, here for them to track it. Just X out the last two or three digits.
  4. bigboom338

bigboom338 New Member

Register as few of your guns as possible then Big brother does'nt know that you have then in the future.
  5. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Sears sold firearms under the Sears, Ranger, J.C. Higgins, and Ted Williams tradenames.

Various models at various times were made by almost all of the major manufacturers.....Winchester, Stevens, Fox, Springfield, Savage, Marlin, Mossberg, High Standard, H & R.

If that Ted Williams is a pump shotgun, it's probably a Winchester Model 1200.