Tenn. Homeowners Association outlaws gun posession by its residents

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LurpyGeek, Mar 20, 2007.

1. LurpyGeek

LurpyGeek Active Member

Who do these people think they are, and who do they think they're kidding?

-------------------------------------------

Community Suggests Gun Possession Is Illegal For Residents

March 19, 2007 03:16 PM

ANTIOCH, Tenn.- Some people in a Nashville neighborhood are furious over a new rule that makes it illegal to own a gun.

Residents in Nashboro Village said it's unconstitutional and leaves them defenseless.

Two weeks ago, residents received a letter from their homeowners' association indicating that guns are not allowed on the property.

"It thought it was ironic that they say you can't have something when the United States government says you can," said resident Cristina Salajanu.

Salajanu would like to give her neighborhood management company a history lesson.

"I think it's unconstitutional," Salajanu said. "They can't tell you what to own or not to own in your own house."

Salajanu is talking about the Bill of Rights, specifically the Second Amendment, which grants citizens the right to keep and bear arms. It's been an American freedom for 215 years but Salajanu and other residents said it's been taken away from them.

"Something needs to be done," she said.

Two weeks ago, the property management company at Nashboro Village told its residents no more guns on the property.

"It incensed me that it was written the way it was," said a resident who asked not to be identified.

She said there is a serious need to feel protected here and a firearm can do that.

"We've got dark areas, the lighting is very definitely very dim," she said.

Salajanu said that burglaries started to increase since late summer...

She said she believes her neighborhood has changed since she moved in last year.

"Three weeks ago someone was stopped at gunpoint," Salajanu said. "It seems the nature of those burglaries is becoming more dangerous."

Some residents at Nashboro Village have campaigned for better lighting and more security but if they can't get either they at least want their Second Amendment rights upheld.

"If I'm walking if I'm walking my dog or if I am outside walking and if I don't feel safe and I'm licensed then I'll carry a gun," said the resident who did not want her identity disclosed.

Officials with Ghertner and Company, the property manager at Nashboro Village, would not make an on-camera comment about the gun policy but said they plan on changing the rule soon to allow firearms on the property.

However, they would make it illegal to fire those guns, which residents say is still unconstitutional.

Neighbors said they understand the gun rule is meant to keep criminals out of Nashboro Village but they don't believe that prohibiting firearms is the best way to do that.

(Actual link to story: www.wtvf.com/Global/story.asp?S=6242822)

--------------------------------------------

How the leaders of the HOA think that this would make them safer is beyond me. First of all, IF something like this were enacted (and assuming that for some reason gun control worked) the area surrounding the development would still have the same access to firearms; second, it would be an advertisement to criminals that it is an openly unprotected area.

How do people get ideas like this in their heads?
  2. charagrin

charagrin Former Guest

I agree it wouldnt make them safer. its just asking for trouble.
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2007
  3. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

It does make it safer.....................................for the crimimals.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
  4. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

So they find you with a gun in your house (search warrant??? I don't think so!).

You shoot an intruder and what are they going to do? Kick you out of the community? Hey, you're still alive. Cross the "enforcement" problem of their little rule when it happens or go to the public meeting and get the rule changed. In the mean time exercise your Second Amendment rights and make them catch you and try to kick you out.

Just don't go around advertising what you are doing. In fact don't even tell you neighbors what you are doing. My guess is that they will never know you even have a gun, unless you open your mouth. What they don't know won't hurt them.

LDBennett
  5. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

What a bunch of complete and total morons/liberals.

Like anyone would get rid of there firearms anyways.
  6. AL MOUNT

AL MOUNT Active Member

Cleaning my Thompson in The Foothills of the Ozark
    DING DING DING....DING DING DING.....

TROLL ALERT.......:mad: ....:mad: ...:mad:
  7. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

:)
    Put this sign in your front yard​

Attached Files:

• 2nd.jpg
      2nd.jpg
      File size:
      34.1 KB
      Views:
  8. catfish83861

catfish83861 Active Member

Marlin I could not agree with you more.The idiots waited until the circuit court in DC ruled that the law forbidding guns in DC was unconstitutional. Now they think up this stupid idea.Wonder what would happen if a homeowner sued them after getting mugged by a Armed Bad Guy??? catfish
  9. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

I was thinking about moving there just to help out with the TRASH
  10. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

One of them aught to sue NOW, challenging the unconstitutional order. I would think just a letter from an attorney would put an end to it !!!!!
  11. White Hawk

White Hawk New Member

This has been on the local talk shows. The absolute stupidity of the homeowner's association is beyond description.

Oh, and here in Nashville for the past decade or so we've been calling Antioch "Hispantioch".
  12. Lead Lobber

Lead Lobber Former Guest

I am always hesitant to deny Elvis - but your plans are from here and forever forbidden - so, get used to it.
  13. Lead Lobber

Lead Lobber Former Guest

I think I may have forgotten to address the Tennessee folks - this be the old Lead Lobber, and I think your intent to restrict firearms in your community is stupid - I mean - if you want to generate natiion wide attention, you are extremely well qualified, but any lawyer is going to recogize 2nd ammendment rigths, or he is a fool. so, get with the program, you idiots.

Sincerely, the Lobber of Lead
  14. swabjocky

swabjocky New Member

hmmmm, conspiracy to deny someone their civil RIGHT's is a Federal Felony. Now just exactly where is the ACLU and the SPLC in all this?
  15. charagrin

charagrin Former Guest

-------------------
    What does that mean?:confused: