TERRIBLE TRAGEDY....

Discussion in 'VMBB General Discussion' started by rooter, Nov 6, 2007.

1. rooter

rooter *VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff*

Marty Robbins old hometown, Glendale Arizona--a su
    Last evening on the local news was the storys beginning ....Emergency vehicles in a upscale residential area in north Phoenix ---over head shots of ground operations seemingly from start to finish. A mastiff bull dog had mauled a 4 year old little girl---not details as to where the animal had come from and why the attack. The ambulance trucked the little injured child out to where an air ambulance could transport.....No other news until the newspaper this morning...the young child had died of massive throat and upper body animal bites---the dog belonged to the family and had been around the child and her sibling since it was small....do animals go insane--I ask that for I don't know---it would seem something snapped in the animal---what would cause a loving and probably, a protective dog, to turn into a beast such as that. I may add also--seems pit bull dogs are a kind of a macho symbol to some people----the Mexican families seem to covet and reproduce that breed of dog...I am not being unfair pointing that out---when I used to have my service business and go to peoples homes, I experienced this with my own eyes....There is nothing I can say or do that would make me know the feelings those poor parents of the little girl must be going thru....just a hellish situation that they will never be able to forget....my thoughts, what are yours. Chief
  2. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Prayers for the family sent up.

There is no way any of us could know what's going on in their shoes.....
  3. rooter

rooter *VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff*

Marty Robbins old hometown, Glendale Arizona--a su
    The parents of this poor little kid was interviewed on a local tv station last evening. When asked what may have gone askew, they mentioned that within the last week they were taking care of a couple of other dogs for a friend.....An animal behavior expert surmised that some canine pack phenomena (sp) surfaced and thusly the dominant animal behaved as it did---in the dogs way of thinking the 4 year old human was just another threat to the pack in which some order was being maintained---now this is coming from an expert on dog behavior....Chief
  4. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

This is SO sad.

You can never tell what a critter is going to do.

We had a male dog we raised from a puppy. After a few years, he started biting the kids. I "watched" once as he bit a niece of mine, and she was doing NOTHING but gently petting him. That dog found a new home.
  5. SixTGunr

SixTGunr New Member

Man ...

thats a damn shame it is ...

Six Out
  6. williamd

williamd New Member

I have a very mild mannered Minature Australian Shepard. But, he has to be an only dog. He is nothing but a pet hound but get another dog around, especially if there is food nearby, and this little guy takes on 60 pounders. He has the scars and I have the vet bills to show for it, too. He won't learn. Jealousy? But, it is absolutely intantaneous! Several years ago my sister was playing with our family dog of 11 years. He got tired but she would not quit, so he nailed her on the lip/nose. The dog lived to be 16 and never touched another person. A good friend raises Dobermans. He has very nice diogs but one female gets the right front seat in his truck no matter who you are! You do not argue with her! I love dogs but am aways a bit wary. AND, I WOULD NOT HAVE SOME BREEDS IN THE HOUSE. Just too many headlines. You just never know.