Terrorism suspect acquitted after police officer shot during arrest

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by jack404, Sep 8, 2011.

1. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

WHEN police were ready to arrest a man suspected of terrorism offences in November 2005, they sent in four local officers who had no knowledge of the investigation. They were given a description and headed down the street while still on the phone to an officer from the terrorism squad.
    What happened next has been subject to conflicting evidence but it ended with shots fired in the street in south western Sydney - one bullet hit the terrorism suspect in the neck, another grazed the hand of one of the police officers.
    The man, who cannot be named and is known only as BUSB, later admitted he was doing things to prepare for a terrorist act and was motivated by his religious beliefs.
    Advertisement: Story continues below
    The Herald can now report details of what happened during his arrest by four officers from Green Valley police station - two sergeants and two senior constables: one of those a crime prevention officer, who usually spoke to community meetings, the other a traffic, warrants and summons officer.
    When their car pulled up next to BUSB, the two junior officers had trouble getting out of the car: one could not open her car door because of a child safety lock, another struggled with her seat belt. None of the officers was wearing body armour and only one appeared to have his firearm drawn. He later said he approached the man, saying: ''Mate, hang on a minute. Can we have a word?''
    Within seconds several shots had been fired, the two men were hit and BUSB was arrested and charged. Earlier this year BUSB finally faced court on charges he had shot at one of the officers. Witnesses gave conflicting evidence about what they remembered. BUSB maintained he had intended to fire a warning shot as he swung around, and had not realised an officer was behind him.
    After a judge-alone trial, Judge Leonie Flannery acquitted him, ruling she could not be convinced that this had not been the case. Judge Flannery said she accepted that he had felt panicked and had been feeling sick on the day.
    ''I am not satisfied that he put the Browning [firearm] in his pants because he was planning to shoot his arresting officers, but … his concern that he was going to be arrested and the climate of anti-Muslim feeling in the community at the time, he believed that he might be harmed by police. I consider it is a reasonable possibility that he did not deliberately shoot in the direction of [the officer], intending to hit him.''
    BUSB was not charged with lesser firearms offences and was acquitted of all charges relating to the shooting.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/national/terr...ring-arrest-20110908-1jzyk.html#ixzz1XOuW0phh

now here is where i give up

the guy had a illegal ( unregistered hand gun) which should be mandatory 5 years

he used it in a offence , another mandatory 5 years on top

and he shot someone with it which is a mandatory 5 years , so he should have got 15 years just for the gun offences by the laws here

but he now walks

i have a mate who is doing 10 year

he found a gun in a box of junk he bought in a auction locked in a cash type box , he then fired it into a tree , he has 7 years to go and has done 3 , as the law says NO EXCEPTIONS

but if your a jihadi you can walk after shooting a cop

and folks wonder why i say its unjust ..
  2. Juker

Juker New Member

I swear, Jack, the whole world seems upside down...

We need to find some backers and start a new country.
  3. H-D

H-D Active Member

and he should have some time for
  4. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

he's done 4 months and the court thinks thats long enough i'd publish his real name but if i did i'd be in breach of a court order and get 3 years
  5. H-D

H-D Active Member

Wow you would get almost as much time as him for saying a name.......
  6. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

thats UN rules for you we had a radio talk back guy locked up for 5 for naming a pedofile who had 18 convictions and had just got out again and was running a youth camp , so warned folks not to send their kids there

but thankfully he only did 10 or 12 days as his appeal and the more than 40,000 victims of child abuse stormed the court and demanded if hinch was locked up then they'd kill every pedo in the country , but on islam no-one speaks up like that as no-one wants to be called racist .. or targeted in return by the jihadi's

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derryn_Hinch
  7. The Duke

The Duke New Member

Amazining how these goody-goody nut cases get elected judge. They are supposed to interpert the law as written not as they desire..I dont know if Australian magistrates are elected or appointed, but she needs to GO!

I wouldnt want to be an officer or constable in Australia today or GB either...

I visited Carins, Queensland in 1995....I found the abundance of good people there much like the good people of the Southern USA states...Friendly, courteours, religious, law abiding, and always willing to talk to a stranger...I made a number of good friends while there...Wonderful, beautiful, place at the time...
    Absolutely some of the best beer I have ever tasted, but thats another story.:)

Met a couple of the QPS Constables, the equalivant of our state police, I think...I introduced myself and we had a nice chat about law enforcement in Oz and in the US..."How much money ya make"...:D (topic always comes up in LEO to LEO conversations.) ...etc, etc..Ive always said there is no difference in LEO's other than the shape and color of their badge...It was true there as here.

Much to my surprise, all they had on there duty belt was a pair of handcuffs and a S&W Model 36 Chiefs Special...:eek: Although Bill told me there were rumor of upgunning the force, he was quite comfortable with his .38spl snubbie...Bill remarked they rarely had trouble that required force..drunkeness and burgularies seemed to be the biggest complaints and the Sergeant had a shotgun in his car if they needed one.

Times have unfortunately changed here, and it appears in Australia also.
    When I was much younger many of the local and county officers and deputies rarely felt the need to carry sidearms...Sorta like Andy of Mayberry...They would have a shotgun and their handguns in the patrol car, maybe...That was another time and sadly or society had degenerated to the point where that is no longer the case...Unfortunatly the Drug problems and social restructuring by the governments of our two countries seems to have played right into the hands of our enemies. Or maybe it was planned that way.
  8. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

your right , the term to "cop it sweet or cop it on the chin" means pretty much what it sounds like , you dont win against cops so follow what they ask or they'll punch you out and thats from a time when everyone had guns , i had a AR carbine and few AK's a FN/FAL and 4 1911's and other assorted items ( including a few owen guns a bren and a M2 ) and collectors items including a vickers MG and a maxim MG

never had a break in and if anyone was broken into it was a shock and it had to be a dang junkie or some delinquent kids after coins

now folks have 3-4 locks on their doors , try to get home before dark , panic buttons , back to base monitored alarms and other idiocy and still criminals are treated better than veterans

i love this place , but it drives me nutz nowdays
  9. Az_gun_gal123*

Az_gun_gal123* New Member

damned tired of the government picking on cops. my Papa was a long serving cop - good guy. the most angry I ever saw him was when the government was thinking of putting those maranda laws in. tell the bad guys they have rights? that is wrong way round. just wrong. heck they know the law better than the average person does & do not need any help.
  10. HunterAlpha1

HunterAlpha1 Former Guest

i hope you were able to hide all your hardware before the GC BS started ;)