Texas Gov.Rick Perry About To Enter Presidential Race

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by flyingtiger85, Aug 13, 2011.

1. flyingtiger85

flyingtiger85 Well-Known Member

, 2011

Texas Gov. Rick Perry is about to shake up the 2012 race as he makes his candidacy official today in Charleston, S.C., almost nine months after the Texan vowed he was not interested in pursuing a presidential run.

Perry, the longest-serving governor in the country who has accounted for 37 percent of all jobs created since the recession, will use his announcement to set the agenda for his presidential bid, focusing heavily on the need to fix the economy.

"Our nation cannot and must not endure four more years of aimless foreign policy," Perry will say, according to prepared remarks. "We cannot and must not endure four more years of rising unemployment ... rising taxes ... rising debt ... and rising energy dependence on nations that intend us harm. It is time to get America working again."

Sounds good to Me;Go Rick Go!!
  2. Juker

Juker New Member

Hallelujah!

Texas A&M grad, Air Force pilot veteran. My folks in Texas love 'im.

When he refused to stay the execution of that Messican rapist last month, I knew he was the man for the POTUS job. Obama and the UN were all crying for the poor rapist, and Perry said, "Suck it."

I personally believe the POTUS should have to be a veteran. Obviously the founding fathers didn't envision the US being such an international force, and the strongest army in the world, or they might have included that as well.
  3. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Fighters... Take yer corners and come out swinging at the bell.:)
  4. HunterAlpha1

HunterAlpha1 Former Guest

sounds like the man for the job, so long as he doesn't sell us out like Bush sr. did.
  5. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

I listened to him on Fox News a couple hours ago. He can sure get my vote. I get the impression he will tell it like it is. He sure tore Obama a new one. I was quite impressed. I am glad he joined the fracas.
  6. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ce-candidacy-for-gop-presidential-nomination/

He sounds good, but what are his plans?

I'm already tired of the rhetoric and canned questions/answers the MSM has been putting forth. I want honest questions and honest answers in a forum that hasn't been scripted.:mad:

Rush was right on in the last debate. No more spoon feeding.:mad:

I want steak and potatoes!
    I want something of SUBSTANCE!
    I want IDEAS!
    I want a LEADER!

I want my childs life to be BETTER than mine. Is that too much to ask?

I really don't care who it is any longer; just give me someone with the sack to tackle our issues head on.

Whew....
  7. HunterAlpha1

someone needs to ask him if he's willing to work towards overthrowing the 1968 GCA, 1934 NFA, and all other illegal anti second amendment legislation. do it where there are cameras rolling and there is no way for him to later deny he said it. actually, do this with all politicians.
  8. Claudius Valarium

Claudius Valarium Member

So. Central TX, AKA the Middle of Flyover Country
    Thoughts from the Texas contingent.

Perry is a career politician.

I haven't voted for him in the last two gubernatorial elections.

He tried to ram what I call "The Great Texas Land Grab" down Texans' throats. This was billed as a Texas Tollroad but I believe it was to be part of NAFTA Superhighway from Mexico to Canada. So much uproar about it, he backed off. But, I had always thought the Feds were grooming him up something. And, well here you go.

Yes, Texas has some of the lowest tax rates in the country and there has been some good legislation come out of his office.

But I keep going back him being an entrenched, career politician that has proven cronyism is alive and well.

Granted, he's better that Maobama - but I don't know how much. I'm likely to vote for Herman Cain in the primaries. Mainly because he is an Washington outsider who happens to be intelligent businessman. If Cain doesn't make it out of the primary and the choice is between Perry and Maobama, I've got a hard choice to make. BTW, I'm assuming the people will see through the Romney machine and doesn't get out of the primary either.
  9. HunterAlpha1

would be nice to have Huckabee, he's on our side, but has too many politically incorrect views on things to get elected
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  10. 45nut

45nut Active Member

From Perry's announcement speech:

The money line from his kickoff speech: "I’ll work every day to try to make Washington, D.C. as inconsequential in your life as I can." Those 18 words will define Perry's candidacy, and is a pitch-perfect appeal to a Republican primary and caucus electorate angry at Obama’s policies and a November electorate disenchanted about the lack of jobs and economic growth. If he becomes the nominee, it would also set up an epic general election with two divergent visions of the appropriate role for government in American life.

If only that were true. He should be better than Obozo, but he is a career politician. For those outside Texas, he campaigns as a rabid conservative and typically governs like a moderate democrap except when the right wingers really get the pressure on him to stick to his promises.

I'd rather have Sarah, but I have a prediction. If Perry is the nominee, look for him to pick Palin for his VP. I just have a feeling. And yea, I have already put money on that in Vegas. :eek: :D
  11. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

RINO, possible neo-con.

He'll sell us out too, just like all the others.

No thanks.
  12. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Palin / cain? or bachman / palin? What I really want is palin / west or vice versa.
  13. 45nut

45nut Active Member

Isn't it odd, that at this juncture in our nation's history, it is two strong women who seem to be resonating Reagan's conservative tone more than any of the men running?

Palin and Bachman and I think Bachman may be the more conservative and electable of the two, although I like Palin just a tad more. I think it's the "You betcha" slightly quirky accent that excites me. Well that and the schoolmarm glasses.

Hey DD,

Obozo has screwed every black man who would do a good job, like Herman Cain or Allen West. America will not elect another Negro for the foreseeable future.
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  14. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

How about a Palin/Bachman ticket?
  15. 45nut

45nut Active Member

How bout it? I'd vote for them, just think how nervous the rest of the world would be with two women leading the US. I think terrorism would drop off and world leaders might leave us the hell alone for a while. :eek: :D :D :D