Texas governor sends Rangers to Mexico border

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by 22WRF, Sep 12, 2009.

1. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

Perry accuses federal government of failing to ‘adequately secure’ zone

HOUSTON - Special teams of Texas Rangers will be deployed to the Texas-Mexico border to deal with increasing violence because the federal government has failed to address growing problems there, Gov. Rick Perry said Thursday.

"It is an expansive effort with the Rangers playing a more high-profile role than they've ever played before," Perry said of the Department of Public Safety's elite investigative unit.

The forces, dubbed "Ranger recon" teams, are the latest effort "to fill the gap that's been left by the federal government's ongoing failure to adequately secure our international border with Mexico," he said.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32793136/ns/us_news-security
  2. topper

topper New Member

the federal government, IMO, has failed to do ANYTHING correctly as far back as i can remember. maybe the texas gov will get some action, maybe not. it might just be political hooey because of a certain senator that is wanting gov. perry's job in the next election. however, the problem coud be solved easily enough.... just fine or imprison the companies, individuals that hire the illegals. that in itself would get a lot of action, because if no one will hire the aliens, then they won't come here. oh, silly me, i forgot that our current prez wants to give them free education, healthcare, SS, housing, etc.. well, i guess it won't work after all.

keep both barrels loaded!
  3. 40CalJoe

40CalJoe New Member

One of the very few powers the US government really has, is to provide for the common defense of the nation. A fairly simple task like closing and protecting the borders that requires dedicated resources and direction.

What is the benefit to leaving the borders wide open? The dangers are many. This is all courtesy of the same group that wants to administer health care to all of us? RIIIIIIGGGGHHHHTTTT!!!!!.

Maybe the Gov of Texas should run for president in 12. Good for him.
  4. kingchip

kingchip New Member

It's a difficult decision, for me. I think of this as another political move, although the results should be telling. The presence of more LEO's down in my country is scary. There are roadblocks now that only harass the typical gun owner, but the Rangers are better versed than deputys and small town police at interpreting carry laws. Having the feds down there in more force would be worse.

Some friends of mine were traveling in deep South Texas a few weeks ago. Stopped at a roadblock, they were asked about guns. They declared that a .40 was under the seat, and a 9 in the toolbox. When asked to produce the pistol from under the seat, it was the 9, the .40 was in the back. No big deal right? They were further detained, searched, questioned, and finally turned over to DPS(Texas State Trooper), who let them go and apologized.

Agreed that if it is made more difficult for "exchange students" to work and leech off of Texas, they will migrate elsewhere.
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2009
  5. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

I don't know about Gov. Perry, in one of his iterations he was a big proponent of NAFTA and the I-35 corridor. I hope the Texas Rangers don't get the Ramos/Compien treatment. That Fed. D. A. is still in El Paso. Sorry but I don't trust Gov. Perry especially around election time. What do you Texans think? Will this be smoke and no fire. I think if the Texas rangers were really allowed to deal with the problem they could put a big dent in it. Pre -WWII Texas Rangers would have dealt with it and when the smoke cleared there would have been a whole lot less repeat offenders.
  6. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

I think it's a reelection ploy.
  7. kingchip

kingchip New Member

Politics...

The problem is the diversity thing that Ann Richards started. Back in the day it was"One Riot, One Ranger".
  8. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Agreed, but I think the Rangers will perform the task with their usual professionalism and sense of duty. So, some good may come of this.
  9. topper

topper New Member

well heck, we only got one border with a foreign country in texas. we should send only one ranger,right? one ranger can and will do more than all the federal troops that oddumma will send. at least the ranger will be armed and ready to use, whereas the federal troops probably won't even have a gun, much less ammo for it. tell odumma to keep his troops, texas does not need or want them. just something else the ranger has to contend with.

Keep both barrels loaded!
  10. kingchip

kingchip New Member

Yea, I welcome the Rangers and DPS SWAT. All those Feds running around make me uncomfortable, although when they come to the property, they are very nice and polite.
  11. user

user Active Member

Northern piedmont of Va. and Middle of Nowhere, We
    The Constitution guarantees that the U.S. will protect each state against foreign invaders, and it has failed to do so. It also provides that the one instance in which a state may unilaterally declare war is when it is being invaded. The U.S. is being colonized; it is time to repel these invaders by force.
  12. Blackhawk Dave

Blackhawk Dave Member

He should have sent in the State Guard (Yes, Texas has one), not Rangers. It's a military issue. Just another ploy.

Medina for Gov.
  13. 45nut

45nut Active Member

While I think Perry is right sometimes, I think he is only playing Politics as Usual. Kay running for Governor of Texas is pushing him to act more conservative than he really is.

He signed in to law a provision that makes you pay taxes on the blue book estimate of your car, not what you paid for the car. In other words, if I paid $500 for a car, but the blue book says it's worth $2,000, you pay the tax on the BB value. If that isn't taxation gone awry, I don't know what is. I'm not voting for Rick or Kay. :mad: :D :D
  14. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

The only thing i ever liked about Kay was when she signed my pay checks.