Texas Schools: Boston Tea Party Was Act Of Terrorism

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by montezumaz, Nov 21, 2012.

1. montezumaz

montezumaz Former Guest

http://freedomoutpost.com/2012/11/t...ston-tea-party-was-act-of-terrorism-and-more/
    FEMA Says Founding Fathers Are Terrorists
    http://freedomoutpost.com/2012/07/fema-says-founding-fathers-are-terrorists/

Does anyone remember the video that began to circulate where a FEMA representative told local police in Oklahoma that the founding fathers and Christians were terrorists? If you thought that was the end of such statements, let me awaken you to the reality that public schools are teaching something very similar to that in the U.S. occupied State of Texas. They are teaching students, contrary to their parents wishes, that the Boston Tea Party was an act of terrorism and that those who did it were terrorists. This December 16 will mark the 239th anniversary of the Boston Tea Party. The protest has been historically recognized as the event that sparked the Revolutionary War. My friends if you live in Texas you had better wake up and either stand up against the state run schools or get your children out of there. This not only applies in Texas, but in all states. Consider homeschooling your kids. They will gain the best knowledge of all things from you, not to mention you will have the greatest amount of time to input your values, principles and morals instead of having to counter what the statists are teaching your kids. - Tim Brown
  2. Dog Soldier

Dog Soldier New Member

Texas is a very heavly populated state. Much of the new population is from South of the Border. The New Liberals do not want to offend the new residents. They paint Patriots as greedy old white men. Texas will be a "Purple" state by the next Federal election.:(
  3. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member Supporting Member

America, as we knew it, is probably gone after this election. I will check into this as well as I can. We do have a conservative governor with a connection to a muslim...........Go figure.
  4. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

What? That's not the history I was taught. The Boston Tea Party was the colonists throwing tea into the harbor to protest the tax they had to pay on it. It was called protesting a King who wouldn't let us have representation or govern ourselves and passed many unjust laws on us. People who think it's wrong to oppose tyranny have lost touch with reality.
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  5. lead

lead Well-Known Member

This has been going on for years. I remember seeing a comparison of history texts for high schoolers. The old texts told the Thanksgiving story about the Pilgrims giving thanks to God. Later texts just said, "giving thanks". The newest texts said they were giving thanks to the Indians. This was in the early 90's. It just keeps going down hill.
    Activists and those with a political agenda have planted themselves in places where they can rewrite history. And too many of us let them do it.
  6. BillM

BillM Active Member

Up front---NO, I in no way support any of the changes to what our
    children are being taught in history class. It's BS and needs to stop.
    Problem is it may be too late. This stuff started in the colleges, which
    produced the teachers, who teach the children, who go to college--
    it's a nasty circle that has had a couple of generations to degenerate.

However, as they say "one man's terrorist in another man's freedom fighter"
    so from one point of view I suppose the Boston Tea Party could be considered a terrorist act. Was that text book printed in England?:)
  7. jbmid1

jbmid1 Well-Known Member

One man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter. Just depends on who's writing the books at the time.
  8. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Regardless of motive, there is a pretty solid definition of terrorism. Terrorism is action that is intended to disrupt a nation and/or its economy by random acts of violence directed against the population in general.

The Boston Tea Party was not very violent (no one was injured) and it was directed against a specific target, crown taxes, not against the population. Likewise, the American revolution was not terrorism since it was directed against the army of the ruling power. (There were some random acts of violence against individual British sympathizers, but they were specific, not random or directed at the general population.)

But setting off a bomb in a crowded market place is terrorism. Its purpose is not really to kill people, but to make people afraid to go about their normal business, ultimately inflicting serious damage on the economy and conveying the impression that the authorities cannot or will not protect the public. Other actions, such as shooting at people on the street may be terrorism if the motive is to disrupt the country; otherwise, they may be simple criminal acts.

Jim
  9. butch1945

butch1945 New Member

I was born in Texas and have always been proud if that; however it seems that being "politically correct" is more important than historically accurate.
    What will happen next, will the defenders of the Alamo be considered armed rable-rousers intent on treason?
  10. butch1945

butch1945 New Member