1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

"Texas SWAT" mistakes?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lead, Jan 6, 2006.

1. lead

lead Well-Known Member

Court TV aired a new show yesterday called TEXAS SWAT. It follows some swat teams on the job. During one of the segments it followed a group into a drug house "full of weapons". They showed a pistol that looked like a Tec 9 with a long clip, but then jumped to a scene on a police range of a guy shooting a full auto pistol with a moving slide, obviously not the Tec 9. It also was identified as 45cal. Was there a .45 Tec.?
    Then they show an SKS hanging in the closet. It is the Hunter type, with the thumbhole stock that takes AK clips. They switch back to the police range showing a guy with an AK in full auto spraying cinder blocks and say that the two guns are cousins and both can "fire 600 rounds per minute of armor piercing ammo."
    I just wasn't impressed with the quick and loose way they demonized the guns in the show. Whether mistakes, or intentional exageration, it was wrong.
  2. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

lead:

Call them on it! Write them and the network. Tell the NRA! Maybe they will put some heat on them. If it was a mistake, the producers should be glad to rectify it in future segments. If it was on purpose (gun ban types) it will expose them for what they are.

LDBennett
  3. I hear they are going to do another of those shows and call it "California SWAT." In this one, all the SWAT team members use only Air Soft pellet guns and dress in pink tutus. :D
  4. 3gunner

3gunner New Member

I watched that show as well. I noticed the same thing. The gun on the floor by the bed did look to be a Tec 9. But when they carried that gun to the range for demontration it looked like it had changed to a Glock 18.
  5. ducky

ducky New Member

It was in fact a Glock 18 they switched over to, and also during the part about taking the AK-47 from the guy's house, upon closeup it looked like it was an SKS they had on them.

I liked the shows, but was not overly impressed with the standard vilification of the AK during the first part. The guy says "At least we got one off the streets." Well, woopty doo buddy. There's only a million more in town.

There were a couple Austin guys that I think I recognized though, one bald guy in particular.. That was pretty cool.
  6. BobMcG

BobMcG Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I hope nobody thinks it was just a mistake. Call it what it more than likely was..... a liberal attack on guns and gun owners by liberal producers.

Do I know this for a fact? No. Would I be willing to bet on it though? Yup.
  7. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

I watched my first seg on Dallas Swat last night on A&E and thoroughly enjoyed it, I noticed a few entry mistakes, but nothing like what is mentioned here...If someone does figure out who to write to and this continues, I'd like to know where to send my letter(s) as well!

Crpdeth
  8. lead

lead Well-Known Member

For those of you interested, you can go to www.courttv.com There is a "contact us" section and you can pick the various shows out for specific comments.
    I sent a polite, but pointed comment. After all, I don't want to attack the men in blue, just bad reporting.

Update: I got a generic reply to my email, "Thanks for your feedback!" Oh well, at least someone may read it.
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2006
  9. It never ceases to amaze me how often Hollywood gets it wrong when it comes to firearms. I was watching some idiot cop show the other night and I heard the supposed "experts" referring to a crime committed with a ".38 special automatic." They even showed the weapon, which in reality was a Glock 17! The movies are not much better. How often do we see a film set in the 1840s or 1850s wherein the characters are using single-action Colt cartridge revolvers? I get the impression Hollywood thinks the viewing public is composed only of idiots.
  10. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

It would seem so :mad: , .................... sounds like this show is trying to confuse the public about what guns do what, :mad: :mad: :mad:, there are some of us who are certified gun nuts and who support the second admendment 100 percent.It really ticks me off :mad: when guns are misrepresented .
  11. LurpyGeek

LurpyGeek Active Member

The sad part is they're right. Most of the entertainment on TV today is mindless and yet it still makes humungnormous amounts of money for the networks. Let alone when it comes to accurate portrayals or information about guns. I don't blame people like those in this forum for being angry about it. One reason that there are so many people against the second amendment is that the only exposure to firearms that a lot of people have is the evening news and movies.
  12. Deputy Dawg

No truer words have been spoken, sad but very true, and this also includes our elected officials In D.C.
  13. Yeah, it sure does, Dawg. Now, if only we could convince Ted Kennedy to take Diane Feinstein for a ride across a certain bridge in Massachusetts . . . :D
  14. Deputy Dawg

:D :D :D :D
  15. KyBlaster

KyBlaster New Member

This is not hollywood getting it wrong. They are trying to sway the people to be anti-gun. Countless movies being put out by liberal hollywood have hidden (Michael Moore) agendas.