TFF .22 rimfire Postal Match Rules

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 8, 2003.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (9/14/02 4:51:37 pm)
    ezSupporter
    TFF .22 rimfire Postal Match Rules
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    These are the rules for the TFF HANDGUN Postal match any questions feel free to email warpig883@yahoo.com

This is all on the honor system so please do the right thing Get out there and shoot those targets and have some fun. Winners gets bragging rights as the best shot with a .22 on TFF.

Match will run from Sept. 15th to Oct. 30th. All targets must be emailed to Warpig883@yahoo.com before midnight of Oct. 30th. If you wish to use regular mail then email warpig883 for his address.

1. .22 rimfire short or long rifle only.

2. Distance will be 25 yards.

3. There will be a class for scoped handgun and a class for iron sights so mark on your target which one it is.

4. There can only be 10 shots fired at the target.

5. Targets must be mailed or emailed to TFF judge warpig883@yahoo.com for scoring.

6. Only one target may be submitted per class. 1 for scoped and 1 for iron sights.

7. Shooter must mark on the target what he/she believes score to be. If judge has a different score then the judge will contact the shooter and they will go over it together.

8. The target to be used will be Outers Score Keeper 25 yard Pistol Slowfire #45723, These are available at Walmart. However if you cannot locate the correct target use any target available to you. The judge will then overlay it on one of the correct targets and determine the score.

9. Score will be tallied by adding up the hits in the numbered ring areas of the target. A hit that breaks or touches a line will be counted as a hit in the higher ring area.

10. Target must have shooters TFF username and type of gun and ammo used.

These are the rules for the TFF RIFLE postal match.

1..22 rimfire short or long rifle only.

2. Distance will be 50 yards.

3. There will be a class for scoped rifle and iron sights so mark on your target which one it is.

4. There can only be 10 shots fired at the target.

5. Targets must be mailed or emailed to TFF judge warpig883@yahoo.com for scoring.

6. Only one target may be submitted per class. 1 for scoped and 1 for iron sights.

7. Shooter must mark on the target what he/she believes score to be. If judge has a different score then the judge will contact the shooter and they will go over it together.

8. The target to be used will be Outers Score Keeper 100 yard Smallbore Rifle #45725, These are available at Walmart. However if you cannot locate the correct target use any target available to you. The judge will then overlay it on one of the correct targets and determine the score.

9. Score will be tallied by adding up the hits in the numbered ring areas of the target. A hit that breaks or touches a line will be counted as a hit in the higher ring area.

10. Target must have shooters TFF username and type of gun and ammo used.

Edited by: warpig883 at: 10/15/02 7:00:49 pm

hammer4nc
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/15/02 8:27:45 am)
    Reply Re: TFF .22 rimfire Postal Match Rules
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hey, that sound like fun, warpig!!

One question about shooting position? I'm assuming we're talking about offhand shooting only? (standing position, unsupported)? Or, are benches and slings allowed? Probably a dumb question, but I thought I'd ask...

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (9/15/02 9:59:53 am)
    ezSupporter
    Re: TFF .22 rimfire Postal Match Rules
    Heck I don't care. It is for fun so just have fun doing it.

I will probably have my rifle leaned across the fender of my truck and the pistol I usually stand and shoot with both hands unsupported.

ibtrukn
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/15/02 1:38:13 pm)
    Piggo. when can I use my bran new old 572 smoothbore???

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (9/15/02 10:10:48 pm)
    ezSupporter
    anytime you please as long as you shoot a regular 22 solid buddut in it

ibtrukn
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/16/02 8:34:11 am)
    Pshaw, ther ya go throwin horsey duffers inta the game. I will shoot the SB at 12 yds, (with proper holdover of course) an submit target for analysis. Any further Q's may be directed to LTS who I presume is the referee for this match, n'set pas??

anchored
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/16/02 8:36:32 am)
    Thanks warpig - looks like a great time. I got the new scope sited in this weekend so maybe next I'll get some actual targets.
    As a dreamer of dreams and a travelling man, I have chalked up many a mile; read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, and I've learned much from both of their styles.
    -J. Buffett
    {Auction45}{Famous Flying Yen}

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (9/16/02 1:45:01 pm)
    Oh, Boy - Oh, Boy - Oh, Boy!!

Now have an excuse to get out the Kimber 82, Ruger 10/22 and Ruger MkII Gov't Target!
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

shooter22
    *TFF Staff*
    (9/16/02 3:34:11 pm)
    Piggy, I got the targets, but I have a question. There is a 10 ring with a red dot in it. Is everything in the ten ring 10 points? I guess what I am asking is there is no other value for the red dot is there?

If you score a 100/100 does it go to measurements?

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (9/16/02 4:45:57 pm)
    ezSupporter
    I think the red is just a good color contrast for aiming at on the rifle target. Everything inside the 10 ring is ten.

Ont he pistol target the all of the red is the 10 ring.

I got my calipers ready for measuring groups. Couse if the rest of you don't put all 10 inside one hole like I am planning it will make it easier.

Really guys I shot it ten times. They all went in one hole

Edited by: warpig883 at: 9/16/02 11:18:12 pm

shooter22
    *TFF Staff*
    (9/16/02 6:05:03 pm)
    Thanks Piggy. that is what I thought.

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/16/02 8:03:06 pm)
    Reply | Edit Just...
    wanna make sure all of ya know your gonna get yer ass whipped...

pickenup
    (9/16/02 9:30:21 pm)
    Reply Re: Just...
    Does anyone know a link to print the target you are talking about on line? Or close enough to work.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (9/16/02 10:17:11 pm)
    ezSupporter
    Re: Just...
    No I don't know a link. They are available at wallymart. That is why I picked this target, more folks would have a chance of getting their hands on one.

The measurements are

for the pistol
    9 3/4 overall circle
    1 5/8 bullseye
    6 scoring rings the inside one is red

for the rifle
    the overall is 12''
    bullseye is 2''
    6 scoring rings

Like the rules say use one that is as close as you can get and I can lay it over one of mine to score it.

Tac401
    Administrator
    (9/19/02 12:12:03 am)
    ezSupporter
    Piggy,

Can hollow points not be used?
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (9/19/02 8:28:32 am)
    ezSupporter
    sure they can

anchored
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/19/02 3:31:47 pm)
    Hmm. started to try and make a downloadable target, but I realized that most printer paper is 8.5" X 11", so a 12" ring won't fit. Dang.

I did make these .22 silhouette targets, though:
    www.Auction45.com/target/sils.pdf

As a dreamer of dreams and a travelling man, I have chalked up many a mile; read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, and I've learned much from both of their styles.
    -J. Buffett

pickenup
    (9/21/02 1:32:52 am)
    I went to WallyWorld and picked up those targets. Man they are --really--REALLY --BIG--!!! What do we do with them after the match, use them to pattern shotguns? LOL

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/22/02 8:02:15 pm)
    Reply | Edit Gettin Ready...
    Picked up the Targets for rifles at Wallyworld, forgot the pistol targets. Anyway been building up the arsenal of .22 plinkers just to add variety...Warmed em all up today and realized, i need a lot more of something...but it was fun (and cheap). Picture is bad!... Must be the camera!!!

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/22/02 8:07:43 pm)
    Reply | Edit Forgot...
    Check that scope on the 10/22 in the Bullpup stock...Now thats variety! (it actually doesn't do to bad...)

Imagine though what happens to a Left Hander if they don't pay attention to where they are holding that Bullpup when they start pullin' the trigger!!!

shooter22
    *TFF Staff*
    (9/23/02 3:30:05 pm)
    Reply Re: Forgot...
    I'm havin a booger of a time keepin all ten in the red! Hopefully we will be sending some your way soon Piggy.

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/23/02 6:57:14 pm)
    Reply | Edit I still feel...
    ....like ya all are in for a "Booty Whuppin'"...if nuthin else I ought to win for "Best Variety of Wierd .22's"....

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/29/02 10:01:09 am)
    Reply | Edit Newest Member...
    On my way to Wallyworld for the pistol targets I forgot...It's a nice day here in great midwest for shootin'...until football starts today anyway...The newest contender...

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (9/29/02 11:15:45 am)
    ezSupporter
    Re: Newest Member...
    looks good, get a target shot up and send it in. I am going to go shoot mine today. I will probably extend the dates for the shoot since I have not got any targets yet.

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/29/02 2:03:39 pm)
    Reply | Edit First real try...
    Set up for the Ruger Mark II Govt. Target at 50 yds, using Federal ammo...Jumpin in and out of watching the Cleveland Browns/Steelers game...

The Plinker...

The distance...

The first 30 rds. practice...

The final 10 rds at target....

I just might need a little more practice...!

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/29/02 2:09:57 pm)
    Reply | Edit Next try...
    Next will be from 25 yds....

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (9/29/02 2:15:22 pm)
    Reply Re: Next try...
    You shootin a scattergun???

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/29/02 3:24:34 pm)
    Reply | Edit 25 yds....
    Scattergun....ya know I probably shoulda loaded some 00 and blasted the targets...but...I reckon i'm still the onliest one a tryin'...now ya need ta jest get back to yur badminton game an leave us all ta keep a tryin'...heres my tryII...

Distance 25 Yds...

Practice...

Final Results...

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/29/02 6:27:09 pm)
    Reply | Edit Armscor...
    O.k.... here goes with the Armscor M1600....

The Ultimate Weapon...

Distance at 50 yds...

The Final Results...(no practice with this one)

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (9/29/02 6:32:57 pm)
    ezSupporter
    Re: Armscor...
    I laid in bed half sick all day and did not get out to shoot.

Looks good, keep practicing cause my Buckmark shoots one hole groups at a hunnerd yards

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/29/02 6:48:23 pm)
    Reply | Edit Huh....
    A Buckmark!!!...One hole groups...Well it's off to auction I go...It must be the gun, it can't be the shooter....

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (10/1/02 8:58:35 pm)
    Reply Re: Huh....
    NO FAIR! NO FAIR!

You guys getting to go out and shoot - I can't make it 'til Thursday, weather permitting, and I'm chomping at the bit!!
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/2/02 9:21:49 pm)
    Hey Piggy...got any targets yet?...or decided on a deadline extension?

I AM going to get out and do both rifle and pistol but this darn job keeps takin' up all my time!!! I got the targets, got the ammo, babies are clean and anxious, I just can't get out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someday I am going to live where I can shoot right behind my house...used to...but not anymore.

"A .45 for every man woman, and child if I am elected President. Two for every good looking woman!!!"
    Paid for by the Xracer and Boom-atic for Federal Office Campaign

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (10/2/02 9:36:25 pm)
    ezSupporter
    Re: Huh....
    I have not got any yet. Still a couple weeks left. I will do a deadline extension if we need to.

wsmc667
    (10/4/02 12:40:51 am)
    hey warpig,

can i play? thing is, only .22 i got is a s&w magnum revolver. i'll send it in if'n you'll take it.

BTW, big thanks for this fun little match. got me motivated to get to a range. first ever sillivillian range i've been to ... and haven't shot in too many years. i kept going back for more ammo and targets. great stuff. had to quit when my hand got sore and couldn't shoot so well. =)

chris in sandy eggo

wsmc667
    (10/4/02 12:44:29 am)
    hey - how big is that wally world target? these here were 5 to a sheet and about 6" across. btw, i shot iron sights; don't know how i hit the targets at 25 yards... dang black circle was a tiny dot over the front sight!

=)

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (10/4/02 11:47:16 am)
    ezSupporter
    Re: Huh....
    wsmc667,

We limited this match to 22 short,long,long rifle only. Don't you have the regular .22 cylinder for your revolver?

anchored
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/4/02 1:49:05 pm)
    Reply downloadable targets
    I finally got a regular pistol-type target put together. It matches the wallyworld one, except it lacks the outer ring, which would not fit on a regular-size printer page. Y'all don't need that outside ring anyway, right? Its in Adobe .pdf format, if you don't know how to use that, email me.
    Links: Pistol Target .22 Cal Silhouette Target
    I put permanent links to these on my homepage, just click the Auction45 link in my sig below.

-J. Buffett

Edited by: anchored at: 10/4/02 2:49:35 pm

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (10/4/02 5:59:46 pm)
    ezSupporter
    Re: downloadable targets
    great anchored, now people can print them off the computers

wsmc667
    (10/5/02 2:33:05 am)
    Reply Re: downloadable targets
    warpig883 wrote:
    --------------------
    wsmc667, We limited this match to 22 short,long,long rifle only. Don't you have the regular .22 cylinder for your revolver?
    --------------------

hey warpig, no... i'm not that cool. the last time i shot this gun was some 12 years ago. my dad used to tell me to just shoot .22lr out of it and the guys at the range said it was not good as the mag rouds are larger in diameter and shorter rounds would screw up the cylinder. the only time i shot since then was when i was on a marine base and was invited to plink with an A2 on a range. that was 6 years ago...

i was hopin i could be cut some slack since i've been out of it for so long! actually, it's all for fun anyhow, and i used your "match" as an excuse to finally get some rounds down range. i'm surprised i shot as well as i did. probably a good thing, too, as i never realized how lousy i was using the double action.

so, how does one remove the cylinder? if not too difficult then i could ask my local shop about gettin me a .22lr one. and now, thanks to y'all, i had to get them to bring out a .22 S&W auto... and then the buckmark "camper" that was next to it so i could fondle them. WOW, the buckmark just felt natural in my hand. i guess i'll have to rent a couple to see which i like the most... ruger 22/45*, buckmark, etc... and i'll pretend i didn't see that .22 bolt action on consignment for $125. i was actually afraid to touch it for fear of starting a collection. i gotta break the missus in easy.

then there's the whole issue of whether or not to buy a 9mm "just to have one" since the laws are allegedly getting more strict. again.

chris in sandy eggo

*-denotes edit: said 10/22, meant 22/45

Edited by: wsmc667 at: 10/5/02 4:01:31 am

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (10/5/02 9:45:25 pm)
    ezSupporter
    Re: downloadable targets
    Heck Cris is nobody else cares I don't. Here is what we will do. If nobody protests by monday evening then lets figure it is ok. This match is for fun anyway.

So, if anyone has a problem with letting Chris use his .22 magnum revolver speak up.

What kind of gun is it Chris?

wsmc667
    (10/5/02 11:43:52 pm)
    Reply Re: downloadable targets
    thanks warpig!

it's a s&w model 48 revolver. blue with 6" barrel. 6 round cylinder. iron sights; looks like the front is changeable and the rear is adjustable.

my local range guy said i can get some "personal instruction" for some $$$ that'll really help my target shooting. heck, all i've ever done was plink! i figure once i got that serious, i couldn't enter my .22 mag in this kind of thing.

i don't know if you look at the centerfire pistol forum, but i'm lookin at getting a couple autos... a 9mm and a .22lr. i'm kinda sweet on the CZ 75 BD 9mm with the decock for $380 (local shop). for another $245, i can get a .22 conversion for it on-line. but there's a consignment buck mark at the local range for $269. hmmm, swap around one gun or have two? that buck mark sure looks simple, too!

guns are addictive!
    chris in sandy eggo, p.r.k., where you can only buy one handgun per 30 days

ps - is the magnum supposed to be more accurate? or does it really make a difference at 25 yards? not really being a pain in the butt, just curious what "the experts" think.

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/6/02 5:53:59 am)
    Reply | Edit Anything goes...
    Warpig,wsmc667, I say anyone can use whatever they have, hell throw the buddits or use a .50 cal if ya want. It's all for fun anyway...I'm just comparing my shootin' against some of y'all...so far imaneedinmorepractice.(for Will270win )...

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (10/6/02 9:21:41 am)
    ezSupporter
    Re: Anything goes...
    I'd say let him shoot. Then again since I'm not participating my vote on it probably doesn't matter.

Still I hope you all have fun.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (10/6/02 10:52:22 am)
    ezSupporter
    Re: Anything goes...
    Tlynn, why aren't you going to give it a shot??

Cris I don't know if the SW revolvers came with two cylinders or not. I would think so.

You will be happy with the Buckmark

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/6/02 7:51:26 pm)
    Reply | Edit A few more try's...
    Ruger MarkII Govt. Target at 25 yds. Lower target is mine, upper is the Brother in laws...

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/6/02 7:53:49 pm)
    Reply | Edit Still..
    ...lookin like a scattergun...gotta keep a practicin'...

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/6/02 7:56:36 pm)
    Reply | Edit This one...
    ...Using the Feather AT-22 at 50 yds., lower target is the practice/ Upper target is the final 10...

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (10/6/02 7:57:10 pm)
    Reply Re: A few more try's...
    You need to send that pistol to me, there is something wrong with it.

No charge.

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/6/02 8:00:31 pm)
    Reply | Edit This time...
    ...Using the Mossberg 42M...Lower target practice,upper is the final 10...

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/6/02 8:11:32 pm)
    Reply | Edit It's a deal...
    LTS, I'm going to put the standard Ruger grips back on and try it out...if it's no better, I'd be grateful to send it your way for a checkup...course once you fix the problem you'll have to post your results...

pickenup
    (10/7/02 1:06:31 am)
    Reply Re: It's a deal...
    Now---someone has a link so that you can print the targets out. I went out and bought them. They are really big. I did use one today to pattern a new barrel on a shotgun. LOL

Smokin Guns; Check your sites and see if they are loose. I have had a few people shoot with me lately and found that to be the case.

wsmc667
    (10/8/02 9:21:32 pm)
    Reply Bruhahahah
    ok, so i went back to the range today and rented a 22/45. i had to adjust the rear sight's elevation a good bit and then wow, it was fun. i ended up going back for more targets and ammo twice! now i've got some legal targets i can send in rather than forcing an "exhibition" class. =)

i'm gonna buy one of a few guns... will be a ruger certainly. one is the current mk ii target "competition" for ~$445. that's the wood grip, 6-7/8" slab side stainless. or the same thing but not slab side for $100 less. and then there's a 22/45 with the 6-7/8" slab side barrel fitted from the factory. that one seems a steal at $299.

hmmmmm... so how important are:
    - changeable grips
    - slab sided barrel

??

=) chris in sandy eggo, p.r.k.

anchored
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/10/02 1:17:47 pm)
    Reply .
    Dang, I finally got a day to shoot and I had to work late and by the time I got to the range, it was pouring rain and hasn't stopped since. Can I post a theoretical score?

-J. Buffett

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (10/10/02 4:45:32 pm)
    Reply Re: .
    Hey, Pig -

Shot a .670" 10 shot group at 50 yds with the scoped Kimber .22lr rifle today - does that count, or should I keep trying?
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (10/10/02 5:43:05 pm)
    ezSupporter
    Re: .
    Give me your best shot
  2. warpig

warpig Guest

to the top
  3. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Hey!...

Warpig...wasn't I the the best...[​IMG]
  4. wsmc667

wsmc667 New Member

we doin another one??? :)

does that mean i've got a month to figger out how to put a scope on my Mark II ???????? heheheheheheh it's been a LONG while since i shot the little ruger. been distracted by my AR and the M-N M44 lately! :)
  5. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

wsmc667, We's always do'in another one! Just post up anythin' and we'll all adapt to it!!!...;)
  6. Cliff

Cliff New Member

A question, might be moot or be not ??
    Are we looking at total points, smallest grouping or a total of points + smallest grouping??????????????
    Ain't it the dumb man that comes up with the smart question or is it the dumbbutt that comes up with dumbbutt question?
    Was or was not to be that will be the answer and the answer will never be questioned?
    Can I stop before I cover myself up digging the laytreen?
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2003
  7. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

Hiya' Cliff, actually Smokin'Guns summed-it up pretty well with,
    It's up to you on what you'd like to post and share with us.

10 to whatever distance in ft/yds/meters. slow, timed or rapid fire, The main objective is to be safe and have fun! :D

! last thing, the only dumb question is the 1 not asked! ;)