TFF Banned

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by dbrodin, May 25, 2009.

1. dbrodin

dbrodin New Member

I just spent some time in a local church affiliated hospital. After they moved me out of ICU and I became semi-mobile, I discovered they had a computer in the family lounge with internet access. I immediately tried to check on what this band of right wing radial subversives had been up to. I keep getting "site not found" errors. After several attempts I noticed something flashing on the info bar at the bottom of the browser. It was a long string of mostly code gibberish, but two words caught my eye, Denial and Weapons. Apparently they are running filtering software that blocks access to "weapons" related sites. To say I was pissed is an understatement. I'm surprised my heart monitor didn't go tilt.

Dale :mad:
  2. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Unbelievable. Your anger is more than justified. I am glad you are well enough to post now but please provide an update on how you are doing overall. Best wishes for a speedy recovery from one right wing radial subversive to another.
  3. dbrodin

dbrodin New Member

I'm doing well. Officially I suffered "Massive Bi-polar Pulmonary Embolism ". In layman's terms, I almost suffocated due to blood clots in my lungs while walking around my yard.

Dale
  4. pickenup

pickenup New Member

Good to hear you are up and about.
    Are you going to ask the hospital admin why they have a block on the computer?
  5. dbrodin

dbrodin New Member

Definitely. I just haven't decided how politely I'm going to do it!:D

Dale
  6. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Well it is their computer.

My computer at work is blocked in so many ways, that it actually makes my job more difficult.:rolleyes:
  7. Hardballer

Hardballer New Member

Their computer, their business. I would be far more concerned with Obismal's comments about closing down the internet "for our own good". (i.e. a terrorist threat).
  8. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

That is just wrong.:mad::mad:
  9. Chuck B

Chuck B New Member

Many hospitals either have wireless or Ethernet, etc. Next time (and I hope there isn't one), you will know to bring your own. Institutions have every right to decide what they will and won't allow on their computers. Most public computers of that sort are meant to help folks check and send email. It may not be anything against guns or weapons...but the likelihood of contracting viruses, worms, or other computer unpleasantries. You can bet there is a long list of blocked sites. At one time it may have been wide open...and the system probably got hammered with stuff it took weeks to untangle.

I hope you're doing better!

cb
  10. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Welcome Back.

Good luck on a speedy recovery.
  11. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

It's a private business, they can do what they want. The same laws that let me attack flag burners on my campus allows your hospital to ban TFF.