The Firearms Forum banner

TFF Knife Makers...Railroad Spike Knife???

3K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Zane71464 
#1 ·
I went to the mountains awhile back and there was a knife shop there that had some homemade stuff in their cases. I saw one of these railroad spike knives there and I thought they were simply beautiful.

Any of you guys make one or try to make one?

#2 ·
I think the metal could be shaped into a cool looking knife, but I think it has the wrong composition to make a "good" knife. If its only purpose is to look at, why not.

Tom

#7 ·
I know right? I was hoping one of our friendly neighborhood TFF knife makers were doing them.

#9 ·
I know the place jlloyd, they stay sharp FOREVER
It was a nice little shop....I think we were in Maggie Valley.

Heck, one of those with one of your famous paracord wraps to the handle... I think that would be the cat's meow.

#11 ·
The ones I saw looked even better than the one in the bottom of that picture. Look at this one.

Attachments

#13 ·
My son brought a few railroad spikes home one day from some abandoned railroad tracks. I wish I had the stuff to make one of these knives.

#15 ·
My son brought a few railroad spikes home one day from some abandoned railroad tracks. I wish I had the stuff to make one of these knives.
ME TOO!
I used to have a crap load of the rail road spikes we collected as kids off
an old shut down rail road. Use to, they'd replace the ones that need replaced
and toss the old one's off to the side, or off the stone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.