TFF TX 4

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JLA, Feb 26, 2012.

1. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Guys n Gals its that time again. This year will be TFF TX 4. I spoke with Charles this morning about it and were thinkin the weekend of April 27, 28, and 29 is a good one. Its toward the end of Spring Turkey season here in Central TX and smack in the middle of Spring so it shouldnt be too hot. And its far enough out everyone should be able to clear thier schedules and plan to come out. And far enough away from TFF BBQ in Dalton GA so as not to cause an interference there either.

Im gonna put up a thread in Upcoming events here in a sec too with all the contact info for Charles' Campground as well as the Address and location. Guys, Charles has accomodations for everyone so if youre planning to attend dont hesitate to give him a shout and get a cabin, tent or RV site reserved.

Ill bring the smoker out with a load of wood. So yall toss me some cookin suggestions.

Lets get the ball rollin on this one. Im excited. This has been one of the highlights of my year since our first ever TFF TX meet back in March 2009.

:dancingdots:
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  2. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

3. Country101

Country101 Active Member

8 hours is a bit much for me. Sounds like a good time though.
  4. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

It always is. Good food, and good friends.
  5. reflex1

reflex1 Active Member

I went down there last year country and had a great time - from here in Jacksonville, AR!!!
  6. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

An if im not mistaken bar, you made it from the KOA to your house just shy of 7 hrs didnt you?
  7. time2shoot

time2shoot Active Member

I will have to run that by the wife. i want to go but thats a long way to drag a 40+ foot camper.
  8. reflex1

reflex1 Active Member

Somewhere betwixt 7 and 8 hours as I recall! Great roads all the way!
  9. Country101

Country101 Active Member

Reflex, if you go again, let me know. We could car pool if I am able to go. Right now I am scheduled off, but that is always subject to change.
  10. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

I wish that I could even pretend to be able to make that :(.
  11. reflex1

reflex1 Active Member

Would do if I was gonna make it this year - but other plans have come up that I have to be in Florida at that time - maybe next year we can work on it!
  12. Country101

Country101 Active Member

I'll be over your direction Thursday and Friday this week. Going to visit my grandparents over in Judsonia.

We'll definately have to try it next year. Hopefully I will be off. The good thing about next year is I will have vacation. They screwed me out of it this year, so I will have gone 27 months without a day off and worked better than a month of overtime. Entergy sucks to work for.
  13. Woodnut

Woodnut Forum Sponsor Supporting Member

I have not talked to Shooter45 yet but he and I were talking about car pool. You are not that far from Sam, you might want to go to his place and car pool to my place then we can all car pool to Texas. Just a thought, I'm not 100% sure of anything anymore. LOL.
  14. Willie

Willie Active Member

Looks like a little more than 4 hours for me. Thinkin about it.......
  15. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

25+ hours for me. It sounds like some good eating with good people. My wife agrees it would be fun and she wouldn't mind going, but probably not this year. Do you do this annually?
  16. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Yep. Started it in march 2009 and I aint missed a meet since. Charles (bluesea112) hosts us as he owns the campground. In the beginning it was just myself, Carver, 45Nut, and Bluesea112. The forst year i showed up saturday and brought homemade tamales. We hit the range and shot our guns and then headed back to the campground to eat dinner. Charles Made 2 briskets. We had a great time. We organized TFF TX 2 in may of 2010. That year I think was the first year I took the smoker and I stayed the entire weekend. Carver missed that meet because of car troubles but we gained a newcomer in Woolleyworm. Then last year we organized the meet in mid april. I brought the smoker again and BBQed all weekend. 45Nut missed us last year but we gained 2 more in his stead. Headcount was Myself, Bluesea112, Woolleyworm, Claudius Valarium, Reflex1, Carver, and all our families. It was a good time. Irreplaceable memories.

I strongly urge anyone that can make it to come on down. I have met some of the best folks in the world thru this Forum, one of which I now consider one of my closest and most beloved friends.

This reminds me, i need to call 45Nut and Wolley and let them know the balls rollin. They both work alot and dont venture in here much these days.
  17. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

JLA, if I don't make it this year, I'm going to try in 2013. I think it would be a blast. Literally.
  18. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

It is. One of the things I look forward most to thru the year.
  19. time2shoot

time2shoot Active Member

Found a sitter for that weekend:D
    I'll give charlles a call and reserve one of thoughs cabins for me and the wife.
    And JLA i have some beef short ribs i'm bringing for that smoker;):D
    Is about 20# ok or should i bring both packs?
  20. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Whatever you want. If you have leftovers pack em back home with you. My smoker is 2 offset barrel smokers on a trailer. The firebox is gonna be full and the barrels smokin regardless. Charles usually brings about 50 pounds of fish down to smoke for himself and mindy to eat on.

Ill prolly bring at least 1 18-22# brisket, and maybe a couple butts. depends what i find at the market. Im gonna see if I can get the worm to make some of those killer bacon wrapped scallops too.

Dang now im all thinkin about food.. Yall got me hungry.