TFF

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Trevor1837, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Trevor1837

Trevor1837 New Member

I just wanted to take a moment to say how great this forum is, I have received so much help and knowledge here. Whenever I need help there is always someone very knowledgable and nice to help me out. I have visited many other forums, but never joined one, I have to say IMO this one is the best!
  2. glens67

glens67 Well-Known Member

Yes The Best!
    Glen
  3. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

+100000
  4. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I belong to another gun forum. Since I found this one, I've about stopped going there all together. The contributing reason..folks with problems viewing their site ( having to scroll, LSO's ( google it ), trackers, other issues ), I tell therm how to fix the problem, and it's deleted before anybody can view it.

I don't have a problem with a post being deleted, I just wish they would tell me and the members who also complain, why posts are deleted.
  5. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

I have to agree that TFF is the best. I too belong to several other firearm forums but find I rarely visit them.
  6. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I like this place so much that the only other firearm forum I am a member of is: http://**************.com/ And I don't spend much time there at all!
  7. Rhuga

Rhuga Member

I have been able to increase my knowledge and enjoy my firearms more by being part of this forum. Keep it coming folks.
  8. Claudius Valarium

Claudius Valarium Member

So. Central TX, AKA the Middle of Flyover Country
    +1

I look forward to spending a little time here each day. I've learned a lot of information here and I'm sure will learn much more in the future.

Thanks to everyone that help to make this forum a great place to visit.
  9. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Active Member

Amen Trevor. I have been to many other forums that don't have as many people as this one and never got to know one person on any of them. They are very snobish. Here is a warm welcome and always someone will to help you from day one.
  10. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Spot on.

I've been a member since 04/09. Shortly after joining, the Lady of the forum (Beth) became a member. I had been on a few other forums, and I was expecting her to get crucified for asking questions that most all of us know the answers to. In my opinion, there are no stoopid questions. It bacme quite clear to me that the members here are of a higher caliber (no pun intended) than anywhere else I'd visited.

Thousands of people come here to ask 'what's it worth' or hawk their wares, and never come back. So sad for them.

I've yet to see a question go unanswered at TFF. It don't matter what it is.
    Cooking? Firearms? Cars? Health? Prayers?... ALL questions get a response that is honest and accurate. Of course, opinions vary, but that's an added plus.

And that brings us to the moderators. Best on the net bar none.

Politics and religion are both highly volatile topics. Both have subforums here and they are tightly monitored (as they should be). What I've seen in my time here, is ya get enough rope ta hang yerself. By that I mean, ya can put up yer opinion all day long (respectful debate is a good thing), and you can be here forever. But bashing and personal attacks are NOT allowed. I like that!

Unlike many other forums, we don't have mods with egos that get in the way.
    Unlike many other forums, yer allowed to dig yer own grave.

Unlike many other forums, we have a family here. It transcends 'talking about firearms'. We get to know each other. In that process, we reach out to each other. We help anywhere we can, and we expect nothing in return.

Awesome!
  11. Dennis C

Dennis C New Member

I certainly do enjoy my time reading the posts..even if I don't post to much
  12. American Leader

American Leader Well-Known Member

You all are hitting on all cylinders! TFF is the best because we are ALL friends to some degree, NOT STRANGERS! We deal with each other with respect at all times, and if one of us slip up, we quickly apolgize or another reminds us to. We truly care about each other. Our true fellowship is what makes us different, and it's great! May God continue to bless all of us and keep us safe.
  13. fleetwood1976

fleetwood1976 Active Member

I have not even been to any other gun forums.
  14. trespoe

trespoe New Member

I came to get a couple of guns identified but stayed to learn. I don't contribute much.

I grew up shooting a gun only once; at a Boy Scout range about 25 years ago. My dad, while having several guns, never took or showed me how to shoot.

I have now inherited a few of his guns and am trying to learn more by going through past threads. 2 months ago I wouldn't have been able to tell you what the difference was between a .22 rimfire or a 1911.

And now I am looking to add to my meager gun collection.
  15. Songman

Songman Member

This is a great forum! I am glad to have found the forum and also to have made a couple of good friends in Sam and his wife.