1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Tha' three pigs (mild ickie warning)

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by Crpdeth, Nov 23, 2004.

1. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Finally got some pics developed.

Sunday before last... Darla and I loaded up the 4 wheeler and went to toss some scraps in the hog trap, I hadn't actually set the trap yet because I was waiting to see some sign of hogs and didn't have time to check it every day...

I had scoped the trap with my rifle from a meadow away, and couldnt see anything in or near it, but later found that this was because the trap is a little tall, and a burm was keeping me from seeing the bottom portion of the trap.

We came easing through a gate about 100 maybe 120 yards away from the trap and I saw something in it, so just killed the key on the ATV, eased off on the ground pulled my rifle and got a better look... "What is it?" she whispered....A hog..."Nuh huh" she said...Wait, two hogs, er three! "your lieing" she said :D

Anyway to shorten the story, I managed to shoot all three before they ran off...It was getting dark, and we didn't have the camera with us, and unfortunately I thought she got a pic of all three in the back of the truck while I was skinning 'em out, but it was too dark. :(

My Brother is the biker dude in the pic, since I still dont have a good way to hang my game, he rode over to help me break 'em down in the bed.

I got some beef out that we had processed earler in the year and mixed some of the pork with it...Talk about some good eating!

~Crpdeth

Attached Files:

2. Boomatic

Boomatic New Member

Lookin' good, Donny...not ickie at all!
  3. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Thanks dude...Just hadda be carefull, never know who might be squemish. :D

~Crpdeth
  4. Boomatic

Boomatic New Member

Squeamish in the huntin' forum could be a bad thing!

If you can't stand the innards you shouldn't shoot it. (I just wanted to use the word "innards." Takes me back to old Mountain Dew commercials...Dang...that is like a form of alzheimers!)
  5. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Great story, Donny! And looks like you got a good supply of pork for the freezer. Now you'll have to post some recipes in the Recipe Forum to tell us how you're gonna cook 'em! ;)
  6. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Looks like some GOOD eatin to me.
  7. IShootBack

IShootBack Well-Known Member

Great Pics. I have never hunted or harvested a hog. We raised some on the farm when I was a kid.

Not many pigs around my neck of the woods. Thinking of booking a hunt in another part of the state where that have them.

ISB
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2013