Tha' three pigs (mild ickie warning)

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by Crpdeth, Nov 23, 2004.

1. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Finally got some pics developed.

Sunday before last... Darla and I loaded up the 4 wheeler and went to toss some scraps in the hog trap, I hadn't actually set the trap yet because I was waiting to see some sign of hogs and didn't have time to check it every day...

I had scoped the trap with my rifle from a meadow away, and couldnt see anything in or near it, but later found that this was because the trap is a little tall, and a burm was keeping me from seeing the bottom portion of the trap.

We came easing through a gate about 100 maybe 120 yards away from the trap and I saw something in it, so just killed the key on the ATV, eased off on the ground pulled my rifle and got a better look... "What is it?" she whispered....A hog..."Nuh huh" she said...Wait, two hogs, er three! "your lieing" she said :D

Anyway to shorten the story, I managed to shoot all three before they ran off...It was getting dark, and we didn't have the camera with us, and unfortunately I thought she got a pic of all three in the back of the truck while I was skinning 'em out, but it was too dark. :(

My Brother is the biker dude in the pic, since I still dont have a good way to hang my game, he rode over to help me break 'em down in the bed.

I got some beef out that we had processed earler in the year and mixed some of the pork with it...Talk about some good eating!

~Crpdeth

Attached Files:

2. Boomatic

Boomatic New Member

Lookin' good, Donny...not ickie at all!
  3. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Thanks dude...Just hadda be carefull, never know who might be squemish. :D

~Crpdeth
  4. Boomatic

Boomatic New Member

Squeamish in the huntin' forum could be a bad thing!

If you can't stand the innards you shouldn't shoot it. (I just wanted to use the word "innards." Takes me back to old Mountain Dew commercials...Dang...that is like a form of alzheimers!)
  5. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Great story, Donny! And looks like you got a good supply of pork for the freezer. Now you'll have to post some recipes in the Recipe Forum to tell us how you're gonna cook 'em! ;)
  6. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Looks like some GOOD eatin to me.
  7. IShootBack

IShootBack Well-Known Member

Great Pics. I have never hunted or harvested a hog. We raised some on the farm when I was a kid.

Not many pigs around my neck of the woods. Thinking of booking a hunt in another part of the state where that have them.

ISB
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2013