Thank GOD for Global warming!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by polishshooter, Feb 19, 2006.

1. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

Or we'd have MORE of these 4 degree nights like last night! :cool:
  2. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

Cold enough to freeze the iron balls off a brass monkey? ;)
    We had snow the other night down to the 1500' elevation here in the SF Bay Area. I know that sounds pretty warm right about now to you. But those kind of temps does keep the Liberals off the protest podium on every corner :D

3. Below zero here in Colorado, Polish. Count your blessings. :cool:
  4. polishshooter

Actually it WAS a blessing. I've been waiting for the ground to freeze so I could drive my old 2-wheel drive S-10 through the cut cornfield closer to my stands to get them out of the woods without having to drag them a mile through the mud...I BURIED it out there twice this season, so I wanted to wait till it froze--but I NEVER thought I would have to wait until February 18th to get them!

Ah, but Venison in the freezer, Beer in the fridge, Scotch on the counter, and a about a cord and a half of wood on the porch, LET IT SNOW.

My Dad used to say you can ALWAYS put on another sweater, but when it's HOT, you can only take off so much before you get arrested.... :p
  5. berto64

berto64 Active Member

But it IS fun watching the wimmen and seeing how much they are willing to take off.

Used to love driving thru the ASU campus in Tempe, AZ in hot weather. WOW!!
  6. polishshooter

Reminds me of what that guy from Poland used to say about springtime in Poland...that the Polish women looked SO sexy in their SHORT coats and long underwear after they took off the LONG coats and their extra bloomers.... :p
  7. stash247

stash247 New Member

Berto, you pervert! Why don't you send about half that Tempe temperature, over here, to San Antonio, where we would really appreciate it?
    Was at the stock show, and rodeo, last night, saw Charlie Daniels Band, in concert, and froze my a** off, doing it; temp was about 36 *F.
    For youse guys up in the north, TS.
    I moved my backside back to Texas, a long time ago, after deciding 'four seasons' was more than I enjoy. We have but two seasons, here, 'warm', and 'not warm', and the second one, sucks.
    Seriously, what is the weather like in Az, this AM? If, significantly warmer, I may just ride out there 'til Texas gets back to "warm".
  8. Yup, Stash, and along about July or so, "significantly warmer" turns into "hot enough to melt asphalt and fry eggs on the sidewalk." ;)
  9. user_error

user_error New Member

75 and sunny here today. I'm gonna walk down to the park.
  10. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

U_E, you are cruel! Come walking thisaway and I'll beat bumps on your head 'til your feet are lumpy. :D

Pops
  11. powerguy

powerguy New Member

Hey guys I am new here but I saw the postings of temps and I would have love to be at a Charlie concert in 36 degree weather. Saturday morning we had -29 degrees. It even makes 4 degrees in indiana seem like a heat wave.
  12. polishshooter

Whereya from, Powerguy?

I grew up in the snow belt South of Buffalo, but thankfully it was the "Snow Belt" because Lake Erie actually kept it slightly a little warmer than it was even in the mountains an hour south or east. The few times it actually got like 10 or 20 or more below, usually meant NO snow those days, so we were thankful for them....

But when you move away and get older, the cold seems to affect you more...I find myself wearing the SAME or MORE layers of clothes now in the treestand when it's 40 degrees than when I was younger hunting in -40 degree wind chill, and it seems like I'm freezing WORSE now than I ever did back home....
  13. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Stash,

I don't have clue what Tempe & Phoenix weather is today, I now live in SW Idaho where it's a balmy 11* on my back porch tonight.

I did live in AZ for about 29 yrs. (9 yrs in lovely downtown Gila Bend, AZ and then up in Phoenix for the rest of it.

Got disabled and wanted to experience all 4 seasons again so I moved up here. A great little farming community right on the banks of the Snake River.
  14. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Oh ya baby, what a place!!!

Born and raised in Missoula MT., I sure do miss it.
  15. stash247

stash247 New Member

P-shooter, lighten up! I've froze my ass in Berlin, courtesy of the Government, and luxuriated in Thailand, on the same job. I don't do cold, well!
    That the Texas summer might be a bit much, for some, is a given, but I have a lot more clothes, available to take off, in the summer, than to add, in the wnter!
    South Texas may well be a acquired taste, but it is mine.