Thank you meth heads

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by jestor, Feb 11, 2010.

1. jestor

jestor New Member

Today in Mississippi our governor signed into law a bill that made sudafed and other sinus medicine containing pseudoephedrine a "prescription only" drug. Now I'll have to take off work get a doctors appointment and pay a doctor to prescribe me sinus medicine. Because pseudoephedrine is an ingreadent in meth they take away my rights as a law abiding citizen to purchase suafed because criminals can misuse it. I hope they never find out crimminals misuse firearms in this state.
  2. navis128

navis128 New Member

Can they do that? It's getting redundant but, that ain't right there. If you can't get to the doc, try a Nettie Pot. It's a pain, but relieves sinus pressure quickly.
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
  3. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

Sounds like time to stock up.
  4. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

That really sucks. You can't get it off the shelves here but you can get it from the pharmacist if you give them an ID. Your only allowed to buy 1 at a time and I think 2 a month.
  5. navis128

navis128 New Member

Here it's behind the counter, they scan your DL and you have to sign a paper confirming the fact that you won't make meth out of it. The scan of the DL is to ensure you don't go down the street to purchase more.
  6. artabr

artabr New Member

I agree on the suckage of this.
    I live on Sudafed unfortunately. My sinuses are so bad that I can't breath when I lay down at night.
    Sudafed is the only thing that will clear me up without amping me up like a speed freak. I can't take the prescription stuff. :(

Our laws here in Louisiana are the same as yours. 2 a month with ID check/scan.

Art
  7. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Punish the people instead of the criminals.:(:mad:

What's next?
  8. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

let the meth heads and all the other druggies have their stuff. then they can all overdose and that'll be less of them we have to worry about.
  9. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

OMG, this is so wrong. Punish everybody! The criminals won't get caught. :rolleyes:
  10. navis128

navis128 New Member

I don't really want to even imagine...either way it goes, I don't think it's going to be good. Instead of just frustrated, we're all getting down right steamed:mad:
  11. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Some of the criminals DO get caught.
    But it's not from buying antihistimines over the counter.

More than likely it's cuz they burnt their trailer down.

Much like claiming that banning firearms will end firearms deaths.:rolleyes:

Criminals are, and no amount legislation will change that.

God bless America?

When?
  12. navis128

navis128 New Member

At the beginning;)
  13. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

We have something similar in NC. But without the prescription requirement.
  14. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I think they should just let the druggies be druggies. I mean, without intervention, and a little proper parenting to keep kids from turning to drugs, the druggies would all eventually die out from drug abuse. problem solved, and they wouldnt have to ban harmless cold pills. Why cant the world just be simpler???:confused: its kinda aggravating.
  15. NOLA_J

NOLA_J New Member

Yes, the Nettie Pot works wonders! I have a crippling sinus disease and I've had 6 sinus surgeries. Ive tried it all, and the netty pot is amazing! Yes, the meth heads know how to **** everything up. Too bad we have to put up with it, and pay for it. j
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2010