Thanks A Bunch Mith

Discussion in 'Vietnam Memories Forum' started by Guest, Mar 12, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

SixTGunr
    V.I.P. Member
    (4/7/02 6:06:01 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Thanks A Bunch Mith
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Merely wanted to take a moment to express my sincere thanks to another Hue City Vet and for his "outstanding" post on TET during that particular battle. Thank You Sir!

The Imperial City (Hue) was at one time (before our arrival in the heat of battle) a beautiful and historic landmark for ALL Vietnam. Unfortunately in combat you have to do what you have to do in order to survive and there was considerable damage done as you can see in the last photo of this particular series. Can you spot one of our damaged Jeeps in this photo?

Once again Mith ..... My hats off to you sir!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mithrandir
    V.I.P. Member
    (4/7/02 8:29:53 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Thanks A Bunch Mith
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    damn.... by the looks of your pictures.... we may have spent so time very close to one another.......

keep posting....

out...

SixTGunr
    V.I.P. Member
    (4/7/02 9:31:38 pm)
    No doubt.....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

"What more can I say ..... I was at the wrong place at the wrong time"

Edited by: ruffitt at: 4/8/02 7:24:12 am

SixTGunr
    V.I.P. Member
    (4/7/02 9:35:43 pm)
    Sure wish we had our edit capabilities back .....

SixTGunr
    V.I.P. Member
    (4/7/02 9:51:52 pm)
    Ain't even gonna think about tryin' it again here or I'll be left with a whole bunch of empty posts and little boxes with that nasty ole' red X and no tools to rectify with. This is almost as frustrating as goin toe to toe with an enemy gun nest. Anybody got a frag!

ruffitt
    *VMBB Staff*
    (4/8/02 6:27:24 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Thanks A Bunch Mith
    I got your six, Rick!!!

As a mod, I have edit capabilities and will cover you or anyone else who needs it.

About the damaged jeep. Just below half way down on left side. Looks like a fence row of somekind with overgrowth of brush/vines/whatever running from left to right. All that can be seen is right side of the jeep from the passenger seat area to front tire; the rear of the jeep is covered with the brush from the fence row.
    RuffItt

Edited by: ruffitt at: 4/8/02 7:37:01 am

SixTGunr
    V.I.P. Member
    (4/8/02 8:14:31 am)
    Hi There Ruffitt ..... Sure glad to see you up and around. You are indeed correct on the location of the Jeep.

That makes you the grand prize winner here and as soon as I find that feller runnin' round here with them all expense paid round trip tickets for two to Burma, I'll get back with ya. LOL

Anytime you see me make one of them mistakes like that or a post refering to the mistake...or...one that does'nt look quite right feel free to delete it and I can always rectify the problems later and/or repost pics.

Glad "somebody" is coverin' my patootie here. Thanks & once again sir it's indeed a pleasure to see you again. Have yourself a super fine day!

TallTLynn
    *VMBB Staff*
    (4/8/02 8:29:57 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Thanks A Bunch Mith
    SixTGunr, any of us will help you out with the edit till you have the capability yourself.

Though ruffitt is far better than I at the picture thing.

Outstanding pictures sir.

haggai69
    (4/8/02 10:19:35 am)
    the top pictures of all the destruction of Hue... I think there are pictures posted else where too. They remind me of some of the towns near where I lived when my dad was stationed in Germany. A lot of the smaller villages were destroyed, so they would rebuild a few miles down the road and leave the wreckage behind. It's horrible to think about all the wonderful and beautiful things that are destroyed by war.