Thanks for letting me in.

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by P-nasty1, Dec 31, 2016.

1. P-nasty1

P-nasty1 Member

Dec 31, 2016
    I'm an avid shooter, hunter and fisherman. I live in north central Kentucky and am blessed to have so many hunting opportunities right outside my door. We are very fortunate to have the options of hunting, bow fishing, and fishing year around. There's always a season of some sort open and I try to take part in most of them. My favorites are in no certain order deer, doves, ducks, coyotes, rabbits, bow fishing, reloading and long range targets. I've been reading some of the posts here and fell very confident in saying I'm definitely surrounded by like minded people.

dbcooper, Haligan, Kweeksdraw and 6 others like this.
  2. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2007
    Athens, Georgia

3. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Chicago IL Area
  4. 270 Petload

270 Petload Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2016
    Hey P-nasty1, YES you are surrounded by like minded people. Warm and friendly welcome from San Antonio, Texas.

5. P-nasty1

P-nasty1 Member

Dec 31, 2016
    Thanks for the welcome. I have relatives in Victoria, TX just a little way from you. I've been to visit several times and have to say that sure is a pretty part of our great country!!

One Shot, carver and 270 Petload like this.
  6. 270 Petload

270 Petload Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2016
    P-nasty1, yes it is pretty here. I can even find great beauty in the Mesquite and the Cacti. Like so many things here the Mesquite and the Cacti have thorns to prevent other critters from eating them. Javelinas (also known as Collard Peccary and the mascot of my alma mater) and Feral Hogs love prickly pear where conditions turn really dry.

Here is a photo of some painted ladies that are common to the area.

IMG_3252.jpg

Attached Files:

m77user, carver and P-nasty1 like this.
  7. rooter

rooter *VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff* Supporting Member

Jan 31, 2001
    Glendale Arizona
    Good Morning, Sir from rainy and stormy Arizona....it is cold and the duds I am digging
    out of storage smell like moth-balls and old people...you will note I addressed you as
    SIR....having been in naval construction for a 20 year career, SIR was such a required
    and compulsory salutation....I am 83 years a senior, young man and I have never addressed
    someone as 'nasty' unless I was ready and wiling...Of course, I am just 'ragging' you now
    because I was going to make the point I always do about these fine Americans being just
    outstanding warm and friendly here at TFF...as I try to be...once about 15 years ago this old county counstable from some where in the south told me I'd have to be 100 years old to have
    met as many important people as I claimed. Well Sir, I didn't call him a name but told him
    I didn't live back in the boondocks where I'd be like him and have to wipe the hoot-owl
    crap off the clock to see what time of day it was...should'a called him Barney Fife, you think?
    Oh yeah, I generally script the longest welcome on board here...Happy New Years to you
    and your family...Chief

8. P-nasty1

P-nasty1 Member

Dec 31, 2016
    I think Barney Fife would've been fitting Thank you for the friendly welcome and your naval service.

One Shot and rooter like this.
  9. carver

carver Moderator Supporting Member

Another Texas Welcome!

dbcooper, One Shot, m77user and 4 others like this.
  10. Broot

Broot Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2015
    Iowa
    Welcome from Iowa...

dbcooper, One Shot, m77user and 3 others like this.
  11. 2fish

2fish Active Member

Jan 21, 2013
    Michigan
  12. ral357

ral357 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2015
  13. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Texas Hill Country
  14. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Harriman, Tn
  15. rooter

rooter *VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff* Supporting Member

Jan 31, 2001
    Glendale Arizona
    A moment of sadness ...not needed or maybe, not even welcome...I've been on board here
    since the very beginning of this site and I've seen men and women come to visit...never
    met them personally, and for the most part, never saw what they looked like ...nor they me.
    ...and seen many of them go ...some with explanations and others, not a peep!
    It began on the 25th anniversary of the American troops leaving Vietnam...Network MS/NBC
    established a site called VIETNAM MEMORIES BULLETIN BOARD...it encouraged troops like
    myself to relate events and stories about the war...on exactly I year of establishing the site
    it shut down...A sporting goods/gun shop owner, STEVE/JD/TAC over in Vermont kept things going and I think with the title it now packs, THE FIREARMS FORUM... Steve requested my
    permission to keep the stories I had posted on the Vietnam site to be carried on the TFF...
    Of course, I was flattered with the request and told JD that I'd just keep rambling on...those
    are posted below under Vietnam Stories by John Wilborn... We all lost the Good Guy so very
    unexpectedly and sadly...he and I used to call each other 'land-line' and visit about this and
    that for hours...often I would reassure him that his not having served in the military didn't make
    him any less of a ardent American for he supported we who did or had to serve...again Sir,
    Happy New Year to all you have round and about you...Chief