Thanks to all who gave a helping hand here.

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by AR guy, Nov 26, 2012.

1. AR guy

AR guy Member

I just wanna say thanks to all who've come and helped me with all my questions and concerns. I am new to reloading and don't know all there is to be known yet but I'm learning as I read the post and post my own. Sometimes I don't know all the terms or lingo ya all use, but I make it a point to figure it out. I am thankful for all the help you've givin me here at the FF. maybe one day ill be helping some young reloader like myself or maybe not cuz I might not have the answer. I'm also teaching my son who I wish will learn the artfull skill of handloading. He's 12 so that's probably why I ask so much I don't want him to cut corners or do things the easy way. Don't want no accidents. Well I've gone on enough ya all get my point, and thanks again for all the help and I'm sure I'll be asking more in the future and ill be looking forward to reading your replys, but for now I'm gunna get more loading books and keep reading.....
  2. RustyFN

RustyFN New Member

Good for you. That sounds like some great quality time with your son.
  3. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

We all "just started out" at one time or another and believe me, I made my mistakes along the way. Well to be honest, I still make some mistakes now. I wish my son would have been interested in reloading, but he wasn't. It is a great thing that you are willing to teach, and your son is willing to learn the skill of ammo reloading. It may be truly needed someday to have the knowledge.

It is a good idea to get yourself several manuals. When I started out loading, there was no such thing as the internet so a book was the only way to get load information. I use the internet to get some of the loads that I use. But as I mentioned in another one of your posts, you must be careful of taking any load someone gives you as gospel. A typo could cost you a gun or a hand! I have, many times, given recipes that I use, but I would hope that someone checks them before jumping into using it.
  4. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

You're very welcome AR Guy; as George stated, we all started out somewhere. Some come here young and some a little older; every member brings something to the table when they are active. So a thank-you back for joining and passing on to your son the knowledge to know how to do something for himself. My son loaded his first 32H&R at age 10; he's 12 now and looks forward to reloading with Dad. I'm proud that he wants to learn more than just how to beat the next video game out on the shelf. Know how and the ability to get them to do some thinking is key to me and as I'm reading; you also.

Semper Fi,

Woolley
  5. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I always tune into your threads because you ask good questions which is a good thing. It is great that your son is following in your foot steps and your a good guy on this forum.
  6. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

AR guy:

The only reason I come here at all is to lend a helping hand to others. I surely don't have all the answers but I have made most all of the mistakes that I warn against here. There is no reason others have to repeat my errors when I can guide them around them.

When I started reloading some 25 years ago, I had no mentors and no internet. I learned the hard way but I read everything I could get my hands on and made corrections to my mistakes.

Thank you for being so gracious in receiving my inputs. A thank you is all I and most here need to be able to continue helping others.

LDBennett
  7. AR guy

AR guy Member

Thanks for the positive feedback guys, I just wanted to let you all know, all given is appreciated. Ill be looking forward to more in the future. TTYL
  8. clepidus

clepidus New Member

Hey AR,

This place is a wealth of knowledge. I have picked up several tips and tricks just by reading through old posts. Questions I have posted have been quickly and accurately answered. Discussions are usually helpful and information is shared in a way that helps with the exception of the occasional comedian having a little fun. I have learned as much here as I have in all the books I have read.

Nice to have you around and keep the questions rolling. The answers may help me at some point!
  9. AR guy

AR guy Member

Thanks clepidus, ok will o.