1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Thanksgiving Dinner was a Bust, BUT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IShootBack, Nov 26, 2004.

1. IShootBack

IShootBack Well-Known Member

As some of you know, I am the cook in my family.

My wife's family was coming to our house from outta' state for dinner and a great visit.

On Wednesday, the wife gets a bug up her a$$ and proclaims that she's going to cook the whole dinner herself and did not want my assistance. Waht a drama queen!

She overcooked the turkey. We could not slice it it turned to mush.

She forgot to bake the stuffing. SHe put it together 5 minutes before we ate dinner. It was cold, and flavorless.

She burned the dinner rolls

She burned the marshmallow topping on the yams. They turned into burned marshmallow and yam soup because she did not drain the yams.

She forgot to prepare any type of drink for dinner

The green beans were cold, almost frozen and the almonds were not cooked at all when she put them in the beans

SHe allowed our company to put a spanish onion in our mashed potatos (yuk)

She did not get any pies for desert. Thankfully our company brought one pie to share with 11 people.

So, dinner sucked.

And I am so thankful for everything that went wrong because we had something that could go wrong. There are many people that spent the day alone with little or no food. And no DRAMA.

We prayed before we ate, thanking God for our bountiful meal. We prayed for our family members that were not present. We prayed for our troops. We shared a meal with loving family and thanksgiving in our hearts for all of the rich blessings God has bestowed on us.

We all pitched in and cleaned up. We all went for a long walk in the cool evening after the cleaning was done and laughed at stories we each told of days gone by.

We settled in and watched Shrek 2 and the Grinch that Stole Christmas with Jim Carey.

What a wonderful and blessed day we had. No trips to the ER as is usual in our family. Not one broken bone or sprained ankle. No car wrecks. No falling out of trees. No football injuries.

I hope all ya'all had a good day and remembered the things most important in life...God's rich blessings and a Loving family are more valuable that all the worlds gold.

Jef
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  2. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Sounds like the dinner was not so “hot” but the company was good.

You can "remind" her, next time she wants to cook. ;) :D
  3. IShootBack

IShootBack Well-Known Member

that reminder would not go over very well.

I'd need a bunch of ice tomake the swelling go down :D
  4. drobs

drobs Member

Better not let her read this!
  5. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

What a terrific example of the real reason for Thanksgiving to begin with, ISB!

Attached Files: