Thanksgiving main course

Discussion in 'Ruffit's Domestic & Wild Game Cooking/ Recipe Foru' started by wv hillbilly, Nov 9, 2012.

1. wv hillbilly

wv hillbilly Well-Known Member

with thanksgiving being less than 2 weeks away, what will be the meat of your choise?
    will you have the traditional turkey:rolleyes: or do you have something different?
    my wife and i are going to my sisters for dinner that day. she usually has wild turkey, tame turkey and ham with all the fixens
  2. Dog Soldier

Dog Soldier New Member

What is wrong with tradition? We need more turkey not less. Yes tradition is a Big deal. I see the "Yuppies" will dine on Tofu. The people who elected Obama thinks that Thanksgiving is a new Wellfare program.:rolleyes:
  3. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

I look forward to my turkey every year and stuffing. I look forward to my leftover turkey that usually lasts me 4 or 5 days of snacking too ;) I'll be having turkey for sure :)
  4. hstout1143

hstout1143 Well-Known Member

Thanksgiving is about family, friends and tradition, so we will be having turkey and ham. With the leftovers I'll be making some turkey and stuffing egg rolls with gravy to dip it in (saw that on tv today, it looked really good).
  5. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

yep. turkey (lots of it) and ham usually. And nothing like leftover dinner rolls with leftover cold turkey the next couple days for some awesome sandwiches!

Throw a little cranberry sauce and salt on there too....

I eat 'till it hurts every year no matter what. Big family get together, mostly my wife's family here in WA but it's great to get together each year.

I'm a bagpiper so we have live music and one of her cousin's is a professional photographer so we have that covered also!
  6. wv hillbilly

wv hillbilly Well-Known Member

did you read my post?
    i said i'll be having two turkeys
  7. Roadkil

Roadkil Member

Grilled tame Turkey. I grill it every year and baste it in apple juice and make a gravy from the drippings. Served with mashed tatters, sweet tatters, green bean casserole, homemade stuffing and corn bread.
  8. Dog Soldier

Dog Soldier New Member

I just love everything you are cooking. But Damn that Green Bean Casserole. The GBC is like Fruite Cake there is really only one in the whole world. No one ever eats it they just keep giving to their friends.:eek:
  9. 45 nut

45 nut New Member

Smoked turkey and all the fixins
  10. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Turkey, and ham, here too. Same ole, same ole.
  11. RYANINMICHIGAN

RYANINMICHIGAN New Member

We will have turkey but we also are even more traditional int hat we will have stuff from the land. Morels, smoked salmon, venision in various forms. Homemade wine. I do not like turkey unless it is deep fried. With eveything else I will be to full to eat any anyway.
  12. ka64

ka64 Well-Known Member

Smokin a Prime Rib........
  13. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I just found out that the turkey, and ham, will be smoked this year. That's some better!
  14. DixieLandMan

DixieLandMan Member

We will have turkey at my aun't house but mom always cooks something different. Last year, it was shrimp. The year before that, it was crab legs.