2K views 0 replies 0 participants last post by  Guest 
G
#1 ·
Indybear57
(11/19/01 12:40:46 pm)
| Del All
ezSupporter
Thanksgiving
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anybody out there got a Thansgiving story they'd care to share? Seem to recall reading that Gen. Westmoreland was big on EVERY GI getting Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings.

longshot1
(11/19/01 2:20:56 pm)
| Del Re: Thanksgiving
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My recollection was that it was during some large 1st Div. operation. We were in the field in some God forsaken place. They did get a full Thanksgiving meal out to us. The funny part was that everything was heaped in one big pile. Turkey,taters,stuffing,squash,peas,peaches, one large lump of food. I couldn't locate my mess kit utensils and ate it with my laminated ID card. Don't get me wrong, it was great at the time and a good memory. Always appreciated the effort. Thanks for reminding me.
NickG

donbrails
V.I.P. Member
(11/19/01 9:58:15 pm)
| Del Re:Thanksgiving
Just a random Thought.
Thanksgiving 1967. Operation Yellowstone. French Fort, almost in the shadow of the Black Virgin Mountain. 588th Engineer Battalion. We also had a full dinner with all the trimmings. I will always remember the officers telling us, "Don't bunch up when you chow down 'cause one round will get you all". That didn't matter though because we wanted to eat with our friends, a few who never saw another Thanksgiving.
Thanks,
Don

BARTAL
(2/25/02 8:20:13 pm)
| Del Re: Re:Thanksgiving
Don I think we had Thanksgiving together that year. I to was by the mountain in 67 in the 588th. Co. B Driving a jeep. Thanks for the memories.
Peace....Barry

Tac401
Administrator
(2/25/02 10:13:37 pm)
| Del
ezSupporter
Re: Re:Thanksgiving
Barry,

Where ya been? I thought you bailed out on us!

Good to see you!

The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.