1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Thanx Folks

Discussion in 'VMBB General Discussion' started by inplanotx, Mar 8, 2003.

1. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

ruffitt
    *VMBB Staff*
    (4/18/02 4:17:02 am)

Thanx Folks
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanx all for your concern, well wishes and prayers.

The procedure went well. Total time from start to finish was about 35 minutes. Started out with a scrub of the area with some god-awful smelling disinfectant and a bit of Lidocane, and ended with a bandage being taped over everything.

In between came the numbing of the area, the incision, insertion of the tube, stitches to hold everything in place until the "wound" heals around the tube and final clean up.

Had to take a break about mid-way through the procedure as the fumes from whatever it was they scrubbed me with began to make me dizzy. Then I started fighting against the dizziness, which caused me to tighten up and lead to some pretty profuse sweating and the beginning of breathing difficulties. Had to take a five minute break until I could get my breathing back under control and get my system back to a sense of normalcy.

Don't feel too bad at present, but this thing does make me cough a lot more than I normally do. There is no real pain with it as of now, more of a sensation of pressure, like my neck is swelling shut. One good thing is it does not bother me when I swollow food or drink. So last night it was Nacho's delux and beer for dinner.

Go back to the Dr. next Wed PM for insertion of the actual catheter which will deliver the oxygen directly into my lungs. Until then the cannula stays stuck in my nose.

Again, thanks everyone for everything.

Regards

RuffItt

high2fly
    *Senior Chief Of Staff*
    (4/18/02 6:42:22 am)
    Reply Re: Thanx Folks
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mr. Ruffitt, it is good that you let us know how you are and how your prodedure went---you described it so well and for me, it reaffirms that the prayers do work even when the world around us seems to be lacking the answers that perhaps prayers could amend. Take care of yourself--might want to give up those yodeling lessons until things heal up completely. Wilborn

TallTLynn
    *VMBB Staff*
    (4/18/02 7:52:57 am)

Re: Thanx Folks
    Here's hoping that Wednesday goes well for you also and that soon you'll be receiving more oxygen.

Prayers still going out to you from all of us here my friend.

Winter11
    V.I.P. Member
    (4/18/02 9:53:47 am)
    Ruffitt... sounds like it will take a little time, but things will work out. My thoughts are ALWAYS with you and don't worry.... if ya ever needed someone to do the yellin' for ya.... you can always call me! (hehe)

Oh, and, I'd take the advice from JW.... cancel the yodeling lessons (LOL)

Stay well.....

Always Faithful

SixTGunr
    V.I.P. Member
    (4/18/02 10:02:13 am)
    Sounds like your slowly travelin' down the road to a good recovery .....

Quote:
    So last night it was Nacho's delux and beer for dinner.

Will definately keep the thoughts and prayers goin through the remainder of the trip for ya. Have a great day friend! Six Out!

"What more can I say ..... I was at the wrong place at the wrong time"

mausermania
    (4/18/02 12:00:51 pm)
    I hope that you make a complete recovery and are able to enjoy many more NACHOS and your favorite BEER .

Tac401
    Administrator
    (4/18/02 1:07:06 pm)

Ditto from me too Ruff!

Glad to hear it went well!
    TFF VMBB Email Tac