Thar She Blows

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tuckerd1, Jan 29, 2004.

1. tuckerd1

tuckerd1 Well-Known Member

Thar she blows! Dead whale explodes. Taiwanese street, shops showered after gases built up inside

Blood and guts litter this street in Tainan, Taiwan, after decomposing organs in the sperm whale in background caused it to explode.

TAIPEI - Residents of Tainan learned a lesson in whale biology after the decomposing remains of a 60-ton sperm whale exploded on a busy street, showering nearby cars and shops with blood and organs and stopping traffic for hours.

advertisement

The 56-foot-long whale had been on a truck headed for a necropsy by researchers, when gases from internal decay caused its entrails to explode in the southern city of Tainan.

Residents and shop owners wore masks while trying to clean up the spilt blood and entrails.

"What a stinking mess. This blood and other stuff that blew out on the road is disgusting, and the smell is really awful," a BBC News report quoted one Tainan resident as saying.
    Taiwan Apple Daily via Reuters
    The sperm whale was being carried by truck throu Tainan.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The whale had died on Jan. 17 after it beached itself on the outhwestern coast of the island.

Researchers at the National Cheng Kung University in Tainan said enough of the whale remained to allow for an examination by marine biologists.

Once moved to a nearby nature preserve, the male specimen -- the largest whale ever recorded in Taiwan -- drew the attention of locals because of its large penis, measured at some five feet, the Taipei Times reported.

"More than 100 Tainan city residents, mostly men, have reportedly gone to see the corpse to 'experience' the size of its penis," the newspaper reported.

Attached Files:

2. Gunguy

Gunguy Guest

What does this whale and Gunguy have in common...they both gas up and explode when you least expect it. PU!

Kind of reminds you of the movie "Tremors" with blood and guts all over the place.

Jim :rolleyes:
  3. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

That is truly disgusting.

I also find it somewhat humorous that people from all over are coming to look at a dead whale's penis.

These people must be desperate.
  4. gpostal

gpostal Former Guest

they really only wanted to eat it , penis and all

whats next homeland security at pet stores
  5. Evilahole

Evilahole New Member

Yea, it was a terrorist whale. We need to ban assault whales.
  6. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Yep! 'specially them sumsabiches with a PENIS!!! ...:cool:
  7. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Sounds like a bad case of penis-envy to me. ;)
  8. glocknut

glocknut New Member

HAHAHA....LOL.....I can't believe she would say such a thing?!
    :D :D :D

mike
  9. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Well as long as your stomach is doing its job, the farts can't be all that bad.....its when a guy has a digestive problem that the farts become a real issue. They even have a FLatulence filter for people with Chrones Disease......charcoal or something.....

Yeah, i like tremors "the series" too....Burt gummer is hilarious!!......but i can't believe they cancelled Farscape to make room for it!!!

mike
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2004
  10. Evilahole

Evilahole New Member

Maybe we've finally found those missing WMDs...
    Whales of Mass Destruction.

(Don't bother...I just kicked my own a** for saying that.)
    :rolleyes:
  11. berto64

berto64 Active Member

That's exactly why I don't live near any oceans. Ain't nobody gonna sneak any of them biological whale bombs into my nieghborhood!

berto
  12. Silencer

Silencer Well-Known Member

This reminds me of the video I saw on a TV show called Real Video. A small beach town on the east cost had a huge whale beach itself in 1970. It was dead, and they a lot of TNT laying around, so...

Yep. KABOOM!

100 lbs. chunks were flying as far as 300 yards. Smaller pieces were found a mile away. No need to worry, though. The watching towns folk were at a safe 100 yards away from the exploding whale at the time of detonation.

Amazingly, no one was hurt or killed. But, a few cars needed some body work and the local cleaners were hiring.