The $2.00 Bill

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 22WRF, Jan 31, 2007.

1. durk

durk New Member

I love these stories.:)
  2. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

I've been known to carry several Twos in my pocket just to be able to challenge folks that won't take "LEGAL TENDER". The same is two of the dollar coins......

The fact of the matter is that they are LEGALLY OBLIGATED to take legal tender.

There have been some pretty nice discussions over the years !!!!! :) :) :)
  3. Especially with an attorney on one end of the conversation! :D Hmmmm, does that work with Confederate money too, Marlin? ;)
  4. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

I had a cousin (now on death row) who used to buy bent coins at a flea market, I have no idea where the seller got them, but he had a cast iron stew pot full of deformed coins.

It was always comical to see my cousin mingle a mangled 25 cent piece in with the rest of his payment for a pack of smokes and see if the casher would bother to say anything.

When the casher would object, his favorite come back was "Well I accepted it!!!"....LOL, yeah for about half price! :D

Crpdeth
  5. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Makes me want to run out and get a pad of $2 bills.
    Don't they make them in a "pad" like stickies now?
    Just tear off a couple.......right?
  6. Brob73

Brob73 New Member

oh I'm Inspired now!! I gotta get me crap load of $2 bills!!
    I'm gonna have me some fun!!! nothin' funner than making these fast food & conveinient store "genius's" feel even "smarter"!! hehe...;) :D

That was great 22WRF!!
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2007
  7. john fox

john fox New Member

Funny story!
  8. Popgunner

Popgunner New Member

Glocknut

I wouldn't be too worried about McDonalds profit margins. I do sign work for most of the local McDonalds & one of the owners who I've known for about 30 years was talking with one of his store managers when the "Big Deluxe" burger was being offered. Tney were trying to decide what price to put on the burger & they were adding up their cost for materials with the bun, patty, catchup, pickle etc. & it came up to 12 cents. The owner told the manager to set the price as long as it was over $2. I know they have overhead but dang, they must be makin' something here & there.

Loved the story:)
  9. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Might have something to do with all that sawdust in the beef patties....i just didn't know it was that much in there?
    Materials maybe, but not labor... i would bet on that!!!! Workers comp insurance is high these days.

mike
    gn
  10. xxxxxxl

xxxxxxl New Member

I had a professor in college that said if a merchant refuses to accept legal tender then whatever is on the counter is free. I don't know if I would be willing to test the outcome.
  11. ken w.

ken w. Member

I went to my bank last year for a roll of quarters and got a roll of susan B's in the quarter wrapper.And from a bank too.:D
  12. henry0reilly

henry0reilly Member

Not accepted, etc

I had a club manager/bartender at an American Legion Post refuse to accept Susan B. dollars once.

I often buy all the dollar coins and halves that the tellers have handy if I'm cashing a check.

The gold coin in with the nickels is just WOW but I suppose the teller did the right thing for customer relations.

re: 12 cents in burger ingredients - you have to remember that they have to pay the kids that work there minimum wage whether they earn it or not.