The 29 Is Back!

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by troutwest66, Feb 6, 2006.

1. troutwest66

troutwest66 New Member

I picked up a copy of American Handgunner while getting some dip makings yesterday and what caught my eye was a shiny, new Mod. 29 on the cover. Not an old one in pristine condition but an anniversary model of the NEW production Mod. 29. Now, I already have a nice 6" 29 I bought at a gun show last April but the new ones are going back to the 6 1/2" barrel. There's only three things to give away this isn't an older gun. One, the finish is almost a black than the old blue. Two, the grips are a slightly upgraded cocobolo wood. Three, there is the almost obvious action lock just above the cylinder release latch. I haven't read the whole article yet but if it's as good as my 29 this will be one sweet shooting gun. On a side note, I was able to pick up a set of Hogue pau ferro grips for my 29 off their auction site for $30 + shipping. Minor, minor fit blemish but they look soooo nice and I love the feel compared to the old Coke bottle grips. I haven't had a chance to shoot it with the new grips yet but I know it'll be sweet. Stainless is nice and all but there's something about a blued gun with nice wood grips. :cool: