"The .357 Sig Maximum" can it be done?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Guest, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Rich in Lincoln
    (4/9/02 6:32:55 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All "The .357 Sig Maximum" can it be done?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ya know how a .40 s&w is a short 10mm and a .357 sig is a .40 necked down to 9mm. Why hasn’t anybody necked down a 10mm to 9mm and called it “The .357 Sig Maximum"!?! All you would need is a new barrel in a stout 10mm pistol. I’ve been thinking about it for a long time now.

Anything similar in an auto that has already been done?

-Rich

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/9/02 6:37:59 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: "The .357 Sig Maximum" can it be done?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cause it would still be a 9mm........
    T.F.F.

Rich in Lincoln
    (4/9/02 8:17:44 pm)
    Hey, I didn’t think I posed the question in the “ nothing but.45 caliber” discussion section! What’s wrong with 9mm\ .357 stuff for certain applications? If it has been done with the .40sw to a .357 sig then why not a 10 to a .357? It might give 10mm fans another option and maybe revitalize the 10mm market after those sissies in the FBI gave it a bad rap! It should be a pretty flat shooter and good for small deer sized game!

I know I’m probably going to get more response like “ cause it’s still not a .45”, but TRY to keep an open mind.

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/9/02 10:35:10 pm)
    I like the nine, but necking down a 10mm to accept a 9mm, is simply a souped up 9mm. The original 10mm loadings were hot, I mean HOT!. There already is a .357 Maxium. Just saying your not really adding anything to the market. Though many have try to wildcat their beliefs, only to fail. Have you looked at the .400 Corbon??? heheheheh LTS
    T.F.F.

MarkPinkston
    (4/10/02 9:51:25 am)
    Quote:

"Ya know how a .40 s&w is a short 10mm and a .357 sig is a .40 necked down to 9mm."

I beg to differ.......Please pay a visit to the following:

www.gunnery.net/sig/allnew357.html

Mark

Rich in Lincoln
    (4/10/02 1:25:14 pm)
    Welcome Mark!

Wow, I fell pray to the gun magazines repeated confusion. It’s like they say, “If you tell a lie enough…” Thanks for the correct information on the .40 .357 thing!

Hey Liktoshoot, I realize they already have a .357 maximum but that’s a revolver round that was popular in Dan Wesson’s. I’m looking at it from a semi auto standpoint.

I don’t know…It’s just something I have been mulling over. I have an EAA 9mm and an EAA 10mm and I guess I just wanted to see what their illegitimate child would look like!

-Rich

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/10/02 2:10:04 pm)
    ever shoot a .400 Corbon at full tilt???
    T.F.F.

a81492
    (4/11/02 4:44:43 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del It's been done..........
    Known as the 9 x 25mm Dillon.

As in Mike Dillon, from Dillon Precision

Donny Henry
    V.I.P. Member
    (4/11/02 8:11:06 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: It's been done..........

Quote:
    I have an EAA 9mm and an EAA 10mm

What do you think about these two? Are they the match? compact.....? Thanks

~-~Courage is not the lack of fear...
    but the presence of faith.~-~

Rich in Lincoln
    (4/12/02 1:02:16 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del EAA Review
    Donny,

Don’t be fooled by the price! I have owned/own many different semi automatic handguns (Glock, Smith & Wesson, Beretta, Browning, & some old CZs) and my favorite is my EAAs. The 9mm is the standard high cap model in the nickel type finish and the 10mm is just plane Jane. Both out of the box shoot unbelievably accrete! I haven’t had a malfunction to date. The “dreaded” 10mm is a pussycat, it kicks almost like hot 9mm stuff (I have shot the Glock 10mm and IT DOSEN’T kick like a pussycat). The fit and finish are great! I can also quick draw and point shoot so very well with them.Get one! Get two! Enjoy!

The 9 x 25mm Dillon, humm... I'll check it out! Thanks.

-Rich