The best AR?

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by dankenstein101, Dec 17, 2011.

1. dankenstein101

dankenstein101 New Member

Im buying an AR 15 for the first time. Ive done alot of reading on manufactures websites about option and warraties etc.. but I want to know what the end user thinks. Who makes the best AR and why?
  2. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

Honestly they all feel about the same to me. LWRC and Christianson are some of the most expensive and honestly they feel and run no different than the 700 dollar DPMS or M&P but thats just me.
  3. reynolds357

reynolds357 Former Guest

"Best" just depends on what you want to do with it. My favorite is Rock River, but I think Smith and Wesson is impossible to beat for the money.
  4. dankenstein101

dankenstein101 New Member

By "best" I mean "value". Quality, options, accuracy, warranty, for the most reasonable price.
  5. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

I built my own...........but I like the Stag and Rock River guns..........also one of our member's custom builds ARs for a very,very good price......"StoneChimney" is who you need to look for under the TFF Sponsor Storefronts section.
  6. joncutt87

joncutt87 Active Member

The best ar, is the one in your safe
  7. reynolds357

reynolds357 Former Guest

I would take a serious look at S&W Ar's.
  8. American Leader

American Leader Well-Known Member

I know a very nice fellow who has one of the M&P Sports which cost him $599. Before he purchased it he heard they were too cheap and must be garbage. Because they were made by Smith & Wesson he decided to give it a try figuring he wouldn't be out as much as a more expensive model if he didn't like it. Well he shot quarter size groups with it the other day and figures he got a pretty fare bargain!:D
  9. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

Your question doesn't have a single answer. "Best" means many different things to people. That's why we all drive different types of cars and live in different places.

When it comes to AR's if "Best" means most reasonably priced with good performance, the S & W's, Del-Ton's, Spikes Tactical and Palmetto State Armory AR's are very good choices.

If "Best" means a medium range priced AR's that are very accurate, Stag, Armalite and Rock River are a few choices that are excellent choices.

For the highend of "Best" AR's of course Colt, Bravo Company, Daniel Defense, LMT, Noveske and Larue Tactical are some of the best.

A recent list of AR manufacturers showed that there are over 140 different brands of AR's currently on the market. Your best bet will be to stay with the recognized name brands with a good warranty and reputation for customer service. Colt, S&W, Ruger, Mossberg and Remington all have their own version of the AR.

I recently put together my first AR and I went with Rock River as my choice of best value with a reputation for excellent accuracy. :cool:
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
  10. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

I second the Smith AR line. We sell the heck out of them and they perform flawless.
  11. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I personally prefer Bushmaster. I think that they are all pretty much the same, no matter who makes it.
  12. ka64

ka64 Well-Known Member

I like my M&P.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  13. bigbluetruck

bigbluetruck New Member

I put together a spikes this year for my girlfriends father. He loves it! Hes in the military and he likes it more than his issued weapon! Any other AR that i put together will be spikes for sure
  14. reynolds357

reynolds357 Former Guest

I also like Bushmaster. Ar's are definitely not "pretty much the same no matter who makes them."
  15. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

Actually there is truth with what gdmoody says.........but to be more specific, most manufactures in the cheaper/more affordable base AR's are pretty much the same out of the box. For example a base Bushmaster, Remington, Rock River, Stag, etc are pretty much the same now.

When you throw in AR's with more options like quad rails, chrome lined barrels, Magpul buttstocks, better triggers.......etc, then that's what separates the guns and price point.

Then again when you compare two guns with the same type options they will be pretty much the same gun.