The best AR?

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by dankenstein101, Dec 17, 2011.

1. reynolds357

reynolds357 Former Guest

I used to build a lot of AR's. The parts in them are definitely not the same. It might be arguable that the stripped lowers are the same, but past that, you start to see quality differences in components. There are even differences in the stripped lowers.
  2. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

I will not dispute that there is a great difference in available parts and building your own with the parts you select individually. As far as lowers.....there are only a few manufactures of them, so most of the difference are the stamping and/or roll marks.

The main point was the base out of the box guns (like the Bushmaster) ....and still stand by what gdmoody and I said. Most out of the box AR's are pretty much the same guns with very similar parts. That's why many of them have a very similar price point. The quality doesn't really change until you get into the upper end guns.

That is why I stated early on in this topic....I suggested building an AR, just like I did. I got the best "bang for my buck" because I searched a year for the best deals and took my time getting to know the AR platform. I would guess that I built my AR for a base model price, but wound up with a upper end gun.
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2011