The Best Chocolate Pudding

Discussion in 'Ruffit's Domestic & Wild Game Cooking/ Recipe Foru' started by ninjatoth, Aug 26, 2009.

1. ninjatoth

ninjatoth Former Guest

2 cups of milk
    1/4 cup of butter
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    2/3 cup of sugar
    3 tablespoons coco powder
    3 tablespoons cornstarch
    1 egg

combine sugar,cornstarch and cocoa in saucepan.Before heating add egg and milk,mix well for about a minute.Now cook over medium heat,stirring constantly until it becomes thick and bubbly(about 5 minutes).Remove from heat and add butter and vanilla extract and mix well.Eat warm or chill.The best pudding anywhere!
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
  2. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

sounds like a great start to an omelette !!

Kinda reminiscent of "Where's the beef???" -

WHERE'S THE CHOCOLATE? :D:D

aHHHH Looks much more like a dessert item now !!
  3. woolleyworm

I'm definetly going to give this a try on my next day off. This looks quick and tasty.
  4. ninjatoth

ninjatoth Former Guest

ohh,I just noticed it's supposed to be wild game stuff,so to make it right,it needs to be 2 cups of sasquatch milk.
  5. woolleyworm

LMAO, dang, looks like i'll need to make a return trip up to Wa St.
  6. ninjatoth

ninjatoth Former Guest

I don't know,I'll bet you got some domestic sasquatch right there in Texas.We got the shorter,stockier albino sasquatch here in michigan.
  7. ninjatoth

ninjatoth Former Guest

by the way,if you simply leave out the cocoa powder,you have vanilla pudding,or to make butterscotch,leave out the cocoa and replace the sugar with 1 Cup brown sugar.
  8. Doc1911

Doc1911 New Member

I wish they made REAL chocolate mousse in a package. It just takes too much time to make up a REAL batch.

[​IMG]
  9. muddober

muddober Active Member

ninjatoth: Thanks for the recipe, it is without a doubt the best chocolate pudding I have ever tasted. You might try putting it on a piece of angel food cake and add a little whipped cream all served chilled.

Ron
  10. muddober

muddober Active Member

ninjatoth: You posted later three eggs and I tried it both ways and I found one egg as originally posted as above as being much, much better.

Ron
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  11. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member Supporting Member

I gained 4 pounds reading this thread. :D
  12. ninjatoth

ninjatoth Former Guest

It is 1 egg,always has been.I started typing something else before I posted,and accidentally posted just "3 eggs" and someone already quoted it before I could even post a recipe
  13. muddober

muddober Active Member

Well now I know how to make a chocolate omlett.:D
  14. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

I was just reading this over, thinkin' about trying it, when I noticed something important was missing from the recipe.

How much does it make? It would look to be somewhere between two and three cups, but how much, exactly? If there's just me, will I end up feeding it to the dog because there's so much? If I want to feed a family of five, will there be enough?
  15. ninjatoth

ninjatoth Former Guest

might not be enough for 5 people,it's more like enough for 2 people who like pudding pretty well,or 1 teenager.I would double the batch for 5 people.