The best Demooner tool there is for .45 acp

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Gunguy, May 13, 2003.

1. Gunguy

Gunguy Guest

Check this out friends, they ain't cheap at $30 plus S&H but they are really neato.

Really great item to have if you shoot full moon .45 acp clips.

How the tool works is shown in the photo, this is flipping the brass out of the full moon clip, just move handle back against the next piece of brass and it pops out.

To insert loaded cartridge put empty moon clip on the other end of the tool and the little spring loaded lever gently pushes them onto the moon clip.

Gunguy

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2003
  2. Gunguy

Gunguy Guest

Press the lever down pushes the loaded cartridge onto the moon clip.

Velly goot.

GG

Attached Files:

3. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

There ya go, GG......"mooning" us again! :D

Many years ago, I made my own "de-mooner" out of a pair of yard sale longnosed pliers (about 25 cents, if I recall properly).

I gound back the tips and then ground out a half circle in each jaw.....when closed they grasp the .45ACP brass and pull it right out. I put some electrical tape in the half circles so it doesn't mar the brass.

Cheap, but it works well ('course I probably put in more than 30 bucks worth of time making them......but then, I'm a cheapskate anyway).
  4. Gunguy

Gunguy Guest

Dang demooner hasn't arrived yet, ordered it a week ago...maybe monday or tuesday...then I'll moon ya.

I'm basically cheap too, but some things just look like a good idea and this tool is well recomended by .45 acp full mooners cultist on another forum...thats where I found out about it.

My Dillon demooner works pretty good but its still kind of tricky to get the brass popped out and there is no provision to insert the brass into the clips...this red handled job will do both functions.

Jim ;)
  5. Gunguy

Gunguy Guest

The tool showed up today and I gotta tell you its the cat's meow, the dogs woof, and zowie...its really a neat tool.

Only trouble is...the guy who sells them knows it...cost me 40 clams by the time it got here.

Noone better mein friends, try it you'll like it Mikey.

Gunguy the easy mark :D
  6. waldeaux

waldeaux New Member

Where can one of these be found ? Searched the usual sources no joy. Thanks
  7. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

8. redwing carson

redwing carson Former Guest

love those demooners. In the old days we used the corner of an ammo can and a screw driver. The clip was held in the corner of the can with one empty round in the front corner of the can. A screw driver was placed in the center hole of the clip the point of the screw driver pryed against the box and the empty dropped in to the box. Yea, the Demooners are much better.

RC