The best kind of problem to have...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bdfinst, Mar 15, 2007.

1. bdfinst

bdfinst New Member

The Tulsa gun show is two weeks away and I've been funded by my wife with $1500.00 due to the potential AWB in congress. I'm thinking of getting a AR-15 9mm carbine, but other similar weapons costing somewhat less money are an option. Any suggestions? I'd rather buy 2-3 guns instead of just one. :)
  2. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 New Member

If me, I would not get a pistol cartridge AR-15 except as an additional upper. I would go with 5.56mm or larger.
    Just my opinion.
  3. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

Buy the lower now, you can always build the rest, later, & there are a crapload of AR parts out there. & buy something you can shoot now! :)
  4. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

$1500 I would buy a good AR for around $1000 and also buy a AK for $300-$350 and have some money left over
  5. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

That sounds good to me.
  6. charagrin

charagrin Former Guest

Id also suggest getting a SKS or a AK-47. You will have more punch than a pistol cartridge, without paying to much more for ammunition.
  7. I agree, get yourself a good SKS and CZ-52 while they're still available and cheap, then go shopping for a more expensive rifle like the AR. :D
  8. bdfinst

bdfinst New Member

I have a match grade AR already. I've also thought about getting an M4, but I've always wanted a pistol caliber carbine. I could get one of the AK's out there, but they are generlly too small for me to shoot comfortably.

The receiver idea is a good one. I built my first AR, it'd be fun to do again. I'd still like a 9mm carbine for plinking though.

Maybe I'll make a list of guns I'm missing tonight and prioritize it. :)
  9. charagrin

charagrin Former Guest

If you really want a pistol caliber carbine go to www.hi-pointfirearms.com. The 995 carbine works just fine. I have 1 next to my bed for home defense. It comes in either 9mm or .40S&W. Id suggest getting a different stock though. The standard stock is cheaply made. Go to www.atigunstocks.com. They have a replacement stock. I got it and installed it. The only real mod I had to make was i cut off the loop thing on the ATI stock.
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2007
  10. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

If you are really wanting a pistol type AR I would by the Olympic Arms one that take .40 caliber Glock mags, That way replacement 30 rounders wouldn't be but $30 or so
  11. Light Coat

Light Coat New Member

Buy 2 AK's and a Krinkov. Still enough money to buy the wife dinner and another bibe or two.

The heck with it; I'm going to buy the Krinkler sprinkler. Cheap mags, cheap ammo and it is as accurate as a hand grenade.