1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

The Bible regarding life at conception

Discussion in 'Religious Discussions' started by 45Auto, Jun 28, 2012.

1. tcox4freedom

tcox4freedom Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I'm sure you have the stats to back that up.

Can you post a link so the rest of us can become enlightened to the truth about the false conviction rate that leads to innocent people being put to death?

All we need is the stats that say such & such percent of people who were executed were wrongly convicted and were innocent.

-
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  2. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

I don't trust the government to do anything 99% correct.

But we are talking about people being convicted of a crime as decided by 12 of their peers not by the government. The anti-capital punishment folks have thrown up so many roadblocks to convictions that I do not believe ANY innocent person has received the death penalty for many, many years.

23 were executed so far in 2012 here in the USA.
    43 in 2011.
    I would wager none of them was innocent.
  3. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/FBI-to-review-lab-work-on-thousands-of-convictions-3699960.php

http://www.illinois.gov/pressreleases/showpressrelease.cfm?subjectid=3&recnum=359

http://www.innocenceproject.org/Content/Facts_on_PostConviction_DNA_Exonerations.php

http://www.innocenceproject.org/?gclid=CKC4qbaClbECFQZtKgodVGvmhQ

As you examine the above, notice that only a few people can be exhonerated through DNA testing, this option is not available in every case. And yet the same systemic problems exist throughout the system. Problems which almost ensure wrongful convictions will take place along with convictions of those who are actualy guilty.
  4. ampaterry

I read all the links.
    Number of innocent people executed:
    zero.

Due to lack of any evidence to the contrary, I stand by my claim that no one has in recent times been executed wrongfully.

Have some people who were later released made it to death row?
    Yes.
    And there they languish - often for YEARS - as the wheels of justice continue to grind on their cases, and appeal after appeal is filed.
  5. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  6. ampaterry

I did not miss it; it is not one of the ones you posted.

So POSSIBLY an innocent man was executed over eight years ago. Not positively, just possibly.

That is, IF true, very close to my allowance of .1%.

Good people of this board:
    To house, feed, clothe, maintain the health of, and entertain mass murderers for the rest of their natural lives is not reflective of justice.
  7. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

Terry; There is alot of information to read about this topic. I thought I had posted too much.

If you look at the causes of wrongful convictions it might give you something to think about:

http://www.innocenceproject.org/understand/
  8. sub-moa

sub-moa Member

Ralph Baze sits on death row in my home state because the liberals have tied up, in court, his execution claiming that the three drug cocktail he would be given might cause a few moments of discomfort prior to death. He has admitted to shooting two police officers, in the back, multiple times while they were serving a warrant for another felony offence. However the same liberals will pay no attention to the medical field when they say a fetus can absolutely feel pain by 20 weeks at the latest.
    I don’t know all of the answers but something is VERY wrong when innocent babies are dyeing every day and a self confessed multiple murderer is alive and pasting on his web-page everyday, and it’s because of the same political party. Here is a quote from his web-page “Hi my name is Ralph and I am a Death Row inmate. I am looking for a few pen pals that like to write and maybe help get some of my paper work transferred to computer disk. Would like a relationship with the right lady that could be more then Pen pals. Times get lonely in here.”
    I wonder if the officer’s widows and children get lonely.
    I wonder if the officers felt moments of discomfort.
    I wonder how much longer the Police unions will continue to support the liberals.:banghead:
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  9. ampaterry

Submoa, you are dead on; I have followed a BUNCH of these ridiculous objections.
    If one of these animals gets sick, they get whatever medical treatment is required to get them completely well before they are put to death.
    The inmates are running the assylum.
  10. ampaterry

I wonder if there is any concern about the pain inflicted on the baby when they kill it?
  11. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

bugger all otherwise none of those folks who do that could sleep art night

funny how scientists talk of some chemicals on a moon of saturn having "life"
    but a unborn baby with fingers and such is just a glob of cell's
  12. sub-moa

sub-moa Member

Yea. if the mars probe found evidence of some single celled organizim they would be hollerin LIFE,LIFE !!!!
  13. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

they are doing it now about alge in these water spouts on some moon of saturn from a spectographic exam only !!! hahahahaha

these fools would not know life if it jumped up and bit em
  14. JR_22

JR_22 New Member

Your grandfather sounds like a very wise man Sub-moa.
  15. sub-moa

sub-moa Member

I'd like to think so, thanks.
    He once told my mother "Love says I sacrifice myself for the good of the other person. Abortion says I sacrifice the other person for the good of myself..." Don't know where he heard it or if he made it up but it 's true even today.