The Black Powder bug has bitten

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by Shooter45, Oct 22, 2012.

1. flintlock

flintlock Well-Known Member

Actually, his first post said it was a flintlock. I probably missed the part about the conversion the first time through. That's a real nice bag you have pictured there.
  2. Dog Soldier

Dog Soldier New Member

The addition of the Celtic Cross is in keeping with the Scotch Irish folks. That bag only needs some red clay mud and squirell blood on it to be finished.:)
  3. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

She makes them with different designs on them. The cross of Lorraine is a popular one too.
  4. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

The rifle was built as a flintlock then the lock was converted. He did a good job as you have to really look close to tell. I may buy a new flintlock and touch hole liner just to have on hand in case I ever want to shoot a rock lock again. :)
  5. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

6. Dog Soldier

Dog Soldier New Member

Does the rifle have a swamped barrel? The 44" length makes it a premium barrel and if it was a flint it should have been swamped. It is East Tenn. Gilespie style from what I can see.
  7. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

After measuring the barrel from the breach plug, it's 42 in.
    No, the barrel isn't swamped or tapered although at one time I had both.
  8. Dog Soldier

Dog Soldier New Member

The late SMRs had factory barrels. A Perc. lock on a straight walled barrel would be OK. They were used long after the CW.:)