The Charles Daly

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by ysacres, Mar 8, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (11/28/02 6:42:21 pm)
    ezSupporter
    The Charles Daley
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    One thorough cleaning, one new extractor, one new adjustable trigger.

Hmmm, field trip Saturday to see how this works (and thank god for little brothers who are Colt 45 fanatics). Because that dang thing is complicated!

Trigger has a real nice sweet pull to it. So if this all works out - what do I do next to trick my 45 out?

Bompa
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/28/02 8:58:47 pm)
    Reply Re: The Charles Daley
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Shoot it first,whole bunches..
    Might not need anything else..

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (11/28/02 9:01:00 pm)
    Re: The Charles Daley
    I intend to Bompa - can't wait in fact...Saturday will not come fast enough.

Still my brother is already thinking about changing front and rear sights on it (hey he loves 45's) and I may let him. But yes will be shooting lots of rounds through it to see how well it works.

Bompa
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/28/02 9:05:02 pm)
    A set of good sights is always a good thing..
    Are you going to reload for the 45 ??

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (11/28/02 9:09:17 pm)
    Once I get the addition to the house on this spring - yep seriously going to get ready to start reloading.

Going to build a concrete pad - put a nice little shop on it as well (electricity, heat/ac), that's where I'll do the reloading.

Bompa
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/28/02 9:36:21 pm)
    Sounds like a good deal but should keep you rather busy..
    Going to build a vault to hold all those long guns ??

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (11/28/02 9:38:15 pm)
    How did you guess? Figured since we were looking at a safe for around $3k might as well just have a small room built into the addition for a safe instead.

One I can walk in!

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (11/29/02 3:39:32 pm)
    T, replace the factory mags. The Daly mags are junk .

See how the pistol groups first before doing any work.

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (11/29/02 8:29:05 pm)
    ezSupporte Re: The Charles Daley
    shooter45 - already did that. Got 2 Colt mags for it at the moment. Will pick up some more as gun shows hit the area (cheapest way I know to get them).

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (11/30/02 6:43:27 am)
    That's good.

With just a little work , the Daly can become a pretty good shooter.

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/7/02 9:30:25 pm)

Kinda cute I think for a 45.

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/8/02 8:50:53 am)
    Looks like a sweet little carry gun, "T".

If it shoots "right on target", leave it the way it is. Otherwise, a nice combat adjustable sight might be your next option.

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/8/02 9:36:14 am)
    what a nice picture... You posing your 45... what a Gal!

Quote:
    "Tell the gossipers and liars I will see them in the fire" - Johnny Cash, Let the train whistle blow

Bompa
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/8/02 10:04:14 pm)
    Nice piece but it looks short,is it a commander length ??
    I don't have any short ones at this time but had an officers model once..Nice but the short grip was not comfortable to me..Got a few 5in guns though in different calibers..Colts,Springfields and mongrels..Like them all..

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/8/02 10:10:34 pm)
    Yeah Bompa it is the shorter version - barrel is 1" shorter than standard. Everything else is the same size as the Colt.

Like it though - and it's shooting better since it got the new extrator (and different mags).