the cost of the chevy volt

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by cycloneman, Dec 21, 2011.

1. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

I wish they would start making leaded gasoline again so that we can get our big block V8s back.
  2. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Some of these new small cars will scat! From Hyundai alone, there are at lest three cars that will blow you away. The Sonata with the large motor will cruise all day at 120+, with petal left over! I've had one up to 130, and it wanted more! There are two more models that puts 429 hp at your command.
  3. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Oh. Ok.
  4. graehaven

graehaven Active Member

Latest on the Volt --- Major $$$$ LOSS!

This article says it all. GM losing $40,000+ on EACH volt????? Holy crap!!!

Insight: GM's Volt: The ugly math of low sales, high costs

Nearly two years after the introduction of the path-breaking plug-in hybrid, GM is still losing as much as $49,000 on each Volt it builds, according to estimates provided to Reuters by industry analysts and manufacturing experts.
  5. Millwright

Millwright Active Member

gh,

My sources stated $49K per volt, but what's a grand when billions of taxpayer dollars have been funneled into DNP crony capitalists and supporters ?

I also see reports claiming Cadalliac's STS model has computer software problems sufficient to halt sales ! Add to this GM's continuing to field two "luxury marques" Caddy and Buick - essentially again competing with itself - and maintaining a GMC truck line offering nothing but a rehashed Chevy !

IOW its the "same old GM" still railroading the way it wants with our dollars ! No wonder the "Demoncrats" went after Paul Ryan so hard on his account of what happened in his home town ! >MW
  6. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Re: Latest on the Volt --- Major $$$$ LOSS!

Chevy really isn't losing anything! The Volt is paid for with tax payer money!

Government Moters Company
  7. jbmid1

jbmid1 Active Member

This is what "leadership from behind" gets us.
    I'm sterting to think he might've borrowed that phrase from the gay community.
  8. jeffadaklin

jeffadaklin New Member

This is what "leadership from behind" gets us.
    I'm sterting to think he might've borrowed that phrase from the gay community.
    I saw this morning that our military was buying a bunch of these things. And a quick point to make- obama is pushing these cars like crazy, and at the same time 'the cost of energy will necessarily skyrocket.." He is tearing the coal industry to shreds, and what do we need to run the Volt- elec. cars? why electricity of course! At the same time he's killing the pipeline, regulating oil co's to death, disallowing exploration/drilling our own oil- it sounds like maybe he wants us to ride a govt bus everywhere- like, to our govt job- where we eat at the govt cafeteria with michelle's menu- then go home to our govt apartment-
    That's what his mentors wanted, so is it a coincidence he's trying his best?
  9. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

Re: Latest on the Volt --- Major $$$$ LOSS!

Obamanomics - mandate double mileage and have gas prices at 4$+ per gallon with more massive losses for car companies to make cars that people can't afford to buy.
  10. jbmid1

jbmid1 Active Member

11. jbmid1

jbmid1 Active Member

Good points here. An electric car won't help you much when the rates skyrocket, and the greenies aren't gaining much, just switching from gas to coal in a lot of cases.