The Dont Toss It Out Thread.

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Crpdeth, Dec 15, 2003.

1. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Hey guys, I was wondering what you've found in your years of reloading that has made it more enjoyable for you...The thought occured to me because I save the hard plastic boxes that the meat markets are now using for packing various meats, the boxes provide a nice was to seperate large amounts of brass, ect.
  2. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Hi Donnie,
    Well, I buy the Midway or Dillon boxes. About $1.50 each in quantity. The best thing that has happened to me on reloading is buying my Dillon XL650 with automatic case feed. All I do is seat a bullet and pull the handle. It says you can put out 800 rounds an hour and I believe it. However, I need a drink of beer every now and then and put out about 600 per hour. Now, all I need is the primer tube auto loader and I can take a nap in between boxes. :D :D :D :D
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2003
  3. WyomingSwede

WyomingSwede Guest

I like the empty Christmas cookie tins...they stack well...seal out moisture...and a little masking tape is a great label.

swede
  4. merc

merc New Member

I have a bunch of tubberware type plastic boxes we bought at walmart.
    They are all the same size and stack well.
    A magic marker identifies the brass size.
  5. frosty

frosty New Member

shoe box for brass

paper plates for just about everything. It holds what I am doing and is always dry and quiet.

Rockchucker all the way. Yes, it is slow but I enjoy what I do. I take an active part in my reloading and a sense of accomplishment comes with it. Something I have created with my wits and hands. I have thought about a faster/progressive press but I am doing just fine. It would seem to take the fun out of it some how.

Two drawers hold all my stuff dies, powder, scale and what not.

Easy and uncomplicated is the best thing I can come up with for all of what I have learned. ;)
  6. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Thanks guys, I think I'm with you Frosty, Although I may change someday, for the moment I'm enjoying making each round as perfect as possible, I'm the only guy I know who actually trims .45 cases and cleans the primer pockets, I have also given thought to punching out hundreds of rounds an hour, almost without effort, on the progressive presses (Plano, I'm gonna have to come up and check out your setup!) but for now, I'm enjoying my way of doing things, also, and probabally most important, with the completed product, I have no excuses on the range.

~Crpdeth
  7. Tony Mig

Tony Mig New Member

I haven't even put one foot in the water as yet, but with my reloading gear on it's way, I'm sucking up all the ideas you guys use so I can try them out myself.......

I have been saving all my brass, and what I've been doing is I save the plastic cartridge holders that come with every box of factory ammo I shoot, and I put my brass back into them. This way I can keep all the R-P, Federal, CBC, and S&B brass seperate, and neatly stored. Also, once I get started reloading, I'll put my finished product in them, and store them in sealed ammo cans until I'm ready to transfer them into my plastic reloading boxes to take to the range.

I'm planning to get a couple of stackable tupperware containers for my primers and bullets, and may grab an extra one for the odd assortment of brass I pick up at the range.