The Firearms Forum banner

The Five Best Guns .....

2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Gun Geezer 
#1 ·
#3 · (Edited)
Author’s Note: Recommendations #1 and #2 are for concealed carry. Recommendations #3 and #4 are for car defense. Recommendation #5 is for home defense.

#5 is the only one he got right, IMHO!

#1. 1911A
#2. Charter Arms Bull Dog
#3. Marlin lever action in .44,
#4. If you are already carring #1, or #2, you don't need another hand gun!
#5. Any 12 ga shot gun will do as long as it holds more than 3 rounds!

#4 ·
The five best guns are 5 of what I happen to own at any particular time and on no particular order...

#6 ·
The five best guns are 5 of what I happen to own at any particular time and on no particular order...
Me as well.

For personal protection and self defense, I like to have a rifle and handgun chambered alike to make the most of my meger ammo funds. Not looking to make a pistol cartridge into a sniper rifle...:dontknow:

#7 ·
while S+W makes fine guns, I own one, I'd guess he works for them. Top 5 guns and 3 are Smiths?

Sounds like the Glockies when asked to list the top 10 whatevers and the list is

Glock 17
Glock 19
Glock 34
etc
etc
etc

Ya, we get it, you're a fan

Here's my fan choice: If your list of top guns doesn't have a Sig in it, it's incomplete.

#8 ·
If I may weigh in just for giggles and grins knowing this is an old post but I have been out of commission for several days and just got to sit down at my outer.

I am amazed at those who are allowed a platform to misinform or outright mislead many who may be new to shooting, self defense and or firearms in general. And this guy whoever he is and whatever his rightful profession might be, does not know his a$$ from either elbow about guns, period. If he is actually a S&W sales person they should do some training with him before turning him loose on the public.

Just for starters, S&W has not been a quality, or high performance firearm since the last of the model 19 or 66 revolvers. Their model 39 and 59 semis were marginal at best and they have not made a lasting and quality semi since in spite of their efforts. And they will never see the day they will be as good as let alone better than either the Glocks or the Springfields.

Second, this guy talks about having a Judge under the seat and a 629 in the trunk. (He should be able to get the Judge very cheap as most people him included fire them once or twice and can''t get rid of the danged thing fast enough). But when driving (specially in Co.) he moves the 44 mag to the front especially to kill the deer he has hit with his car. Are you kidding me. A simple 22 round in the mid of the forehead will kill the deer, cow, elk, pig, etc instantly and will not endanger pedestrians for a half mile around let alone the mess. He has never shot a damaged ere in his life and he most certainly did not use nor has he seen anyone use a 44 mag to dispatch one.

And the other thing he has it there for is to (I guess) protect himself from the bears who I guess may overtake him in his car while driving through Co. Now I know bears can run at up to 50 MPH for short distances but growing up and driving in WY (including Yellowstone where there art we lots and lots of bears) I have never seen or heard of one running down a car to threaten harm or kill the occupants. What in the hell is this guy talking about. He doesn't even make sense.

And last about the shotguns (870) I agree it is an excellent home defense gun. BUT "wipe up the burglar poop after just racking the slide to chamber a round". Are you serious, Why in the hell would anyone wait until you are faced by a burglar or anyone else for that matter to rack a round into the chamber. And who in the hell says that any burglar would recognize the sound in the first place.
In parting if he waits to rack a round into the chamber he is about 1.2 seconds behind my first two shots. He loses.

He obviously has never spent one minute studying what really happens in self defense situations or read about how quickly it happens or has any idea how badly his fine and complex motor skills will be effected as soon as his brain (if actually he has one) realizes he is in grave danger.

This guy and this article are a disgrace and should never have been allowed to print for anyone regardless of experience to read unless of course he places a disclaimer, this add as a JOKE.

If not so silly it would actually be hilarious.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

UF

#9 ·
My choices are based on 400rds fired through each of them in total with no problems; 1) M9 Beretta, 2) S&W M25 - .45acp, 3) S&W M629, 4) M1A, 5) Remington M870 police riot model. My 1911 Kimber had to go back to the factory for repairs, I just got it back and have only 100rds through it with no further problems. It would replace number 2.

#11 ·
I've only had one gun in 60 yrs. of gun ownership that didn't fire 500 rnds. with no problems. Even then I sent it back to the factory to try and make it work properly. It was also the only gun I got rid of because it jammed every time I took it to the range. Based on this fact, there is only one gun I wouldn't choose purely on the basis of reliability.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.