The Flag

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LIKTOSHOOT, Feb 9, 2004.

1. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

Thought some of you might like this, it came from a former member, and some may remember him and his son.

LTS

STORY THAT NEEDS REPEATING

As some of you may know, my son serves in the military. He is
    still stateside, in California. He called me yesterday to let me
    know how warm and welcoming people were to him, and his troops, everywhere he goes.

He said people shake their hands, and thank them for being willing to serve, and fight, for not only our own freedoms, but so that others may have them also.

But he also told me about an incident in the grocery store he
    stopped at yesterday, on his way home from the base, still in uniform. He said that ahead of him stood a woman dressed in a burkha.

When she got to the cashier, she loudly remarked about the U.S. flag lapel pin the cashier wore on her smock.

The cashier reached up and touched the pin, and said, "Yes, I always wear it."

The woman in the burkha then asked the cashier when she was going to stop bombing her countrymen, explaining that she was Iraqi.

A gentleman standing behind my son stepped forward, putting his arm around my son's shoulders. Nodding toward my son, he said in a calm and gentle voice to the Iraqi woman, "Lady, hundreds of thousands of men and women like this young man have fought and died so that you could stand here, in MY country and accuse a check-out cashier of bombing your countrymen.

It is my belief that had you been this outspoken in YOUR OWN country, we wouldn't need to be there today. But hey! If you have now learned how to speak out so loudly and clearly, I'll gladly pay your way back to Iraq, so you can straighten out the mess you are obviously here to avoid."

Everyone in line, and within hearing distance, cheered the older gentleman, coming forward as they reached for their wallets. The woman in the burkha left the store in silence.

I am, like at least some that were in the store, outraged! But it also warmed my heart to know that we, as American's, are speaking out, calmly and succinctly (finally) to those that enjoy the freedoms here in the USA as they complain and berate the very government (and the people) that protect those very freedoms.

We need more people like these three!

GOD BLESS AMERICA and OUR TROOPS EVERYWHERE ! !
  2. JohnnyRobotic

JohnnyRobotic New Member

B. E. A. utiful, that was great
  3. glocknut

glocknut New Member

If the woman left the store silent, she must have realized she was wrong?

mike
  4. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Great story, LTS!
  5. stash247

stash247 New Member

Except for being tall enough to put his arm over that young man's shoulder, the older gentleman could have been Ross Perot!
    A long time ago, when soldiering was much less popular, and socially acceptible, Perot rented the entire top floor of the Mark Hopkins Hotel, in San Francisco, to throw a little party for some friends, most of whom he'd never met.
    But, for all the guys coming back from Son Tay, notwithstanding it was a less than successful mission, due to unforseen changes, that little guy stood at least TEN FEET TALL.
    That was a long time ago, but it seems the spirit of this nation remains.
    Bless that old guy, and all who serve. We would not have this board, or, likely, much else, but for them
    Terry
  6. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

What else can we say? That says it all!!

Thanks LTS for bringing it to our attention.
  7. ibtrukn

ibtrukn New Member

Phishie, that is a good story-------again. I remember it from the first time around but cannot remember who posted it. I think most AMERICANS feel the same way, the big Q is, Y don't they speak up and out ? Is it because U, I, they are afraid of what their neighbor might say? Or because this would not be politically correct? To those that do, I say you deserve whatever befalls you. In the meantime, this dude will continue his defense of AMERICA and OUR FLAG, no matter what someone, ANYONE else thinks. in his own small way. In the meantime : Rush and O'Reilly
    LIVE!!!!!!!!!:cool:
  8. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Still a good story!...[​IMG] ...[​IMG]
  9. WyomingSwede

WyomingSwede Guest

Great post...worth reading more than once...

swede