The "Fox" is in the henhouse

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pistolenschutze, Feb 28, 2007.

1. From Fox News. It would certainly appear hypocracy is alive and well in Democratic and Liberal circles. :D

Al Gore Responds to Charges He's a Hypocrite When it Comes to the Environment
    Tuesday , February 27, 2007

By Brit Hume

Not Easy Being Green

Al Gore's office is responding to criticism over his energy consumption at his Nashville mansion by saying the former vice president is signed up for a program to consume 100 percent green power — has installed solar panels and uses compact fluorescent bulbs.

The Tennessee Center for Policy Research says Gore — whose global warming documentary won an Oscar Sunday, "deserves a gold statue for hypocrisy," because his 20-room mansion consumes more electricity every month than the average American household uses in an entire year — with an average power bill of $13,059 59 — along with a natural gas bill of more than $1,000 a month.

Sweet Charity

A family charitable foundation run by Bill and Hillary Clinton has dispensed only one-fourth of the money donated since its inception in 2001.

The Washington Post reports the Clintons have contributed $5 million to the charity — and were able to write off that money on their taxes — but have given away just $1.4 million.

This comes in the midst of a six-year period in which the Post reports the former president has earned $40 million in speaking fees. And the Post points out that recent Hillary Clinton tormentor David Geffen gives away most of the money he donates to his family foundation — about a million a year.

Repeal War Vote

Democratic Senator and presidential candidate Joe Biden says the president's congressional authorization for the war in Iraq should be repealed. Biden writes in today's Boston Globe — "We gave the president that power to destroy Iraq's weapons of mass destruction and, if necessary, to depose Saddam Hussein. The weapons of mass destruction were not there. Saddam Hussein is no longer there. he 2002 authorization is no longer relevant to the situation in Iraq."

Here is the actual authorization for the use of force: "The President is authorized to use the Armed Forces of the United States as he determines to be necessary and appropriate in order to – one —defend the national security of the United States against the continuing threat posed by Iraq; and two — enforce all relevant United Nations Security Council Resolutions regarding Iraq."

"Babydol" List

Former Texas Lieutenant Governor Ben Barnes — who said during the 2004 campaign that he helped a young George W. Bush enter the Air National Guard to avoid the Vietnam draft — is back in the news.

Barnes' name appears on a list of about two dozen celebrities who allegedly did business with Hollywood madam Jody "Babydol" Gibson. The Los Angeles Times reports Barnes has no explanation why his cell phone number is in Gibson's files, and told them, "I have never met or talked to this broad in my entire life." His office later released a revised version of the statement, substituting the word "woman" for "broad."

—FOX News Channel's Martin Hill contributed to this report.
  2. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

I'm beginning to think that when you look up the word Politician in the dictionary, the definition should include the words, lying & hypocrite.:(
  3. White Hawk

White Hawk New Member

What, you mean CNN didn't break this story? :rolleyes:

I know Big Al's house, as I sometimes drive past it on the way to work (I sneak through the neighborhoods when Old Hickory Boulevard is backed up). I haven't seen the solar panels (I'm too busy looking out for the Belle Meade cops who are quick to charge anyone a fee for exceeding their ridiculously low speed limits), but I have noticed a row of large trees in the front yard, clearly placed in order to obstruct a view of the mansion.

Lemme tell ya, that place is huge. I've known rock stars with smaller houses! Putting in some flourescent bulbs won't reduce his mammoth carbon footprint by much. And that bit about Gore siging up for a program to consume 100% green power? NES doesn't have such a program.

C'mon, it's a 20-room mansion with 8 bathrooms and over 10,000 square feet. Who the bleep does he think he's kidding?!? It takes a real elitist snob to think the public is that stupid!

While accepting his Oscar, did he mention anything about Tipper's 60's muscle car? No? Hmmmm.

Between all the flights on private jets, the 20-room mansion for just him and Tipper, the Cadillacs, the old hot rod, etc., etc., as an individual, Al Gore is one of the biggest polluters on this planet. And therefore, one of the biggest hypocrites.

By contrast, check out the description of this house, covered in the Chicago Tribune back in 2001:

"The 4,000-square-foot house is a model of environmental rectitude. Geothermal heat pumps located in a central closet circulate water through pipes buried 300 feet deep in the ground where the temperature is a constant 67 degrees; the water heats the house in the winter and cools it in the summer. Systems such as the one in this 'eco-friendly' dwelling use about 25% of the electricity that traditional heating and cooling systems utilize. A 25,000-gallon underground cistern collects rainwater gathered from roof runs; wastewater from sinks, toilets and showers goes into underground purifying tanks and is also funneled into the cistern. The water from the cistern is used to irrigate the landscaping surrounding the four-bedroom home. Plants and flowers native to the high prairie area blend the structure into the surrounding ecosystem."

Where is this house? Crawford, Texas. Even the hardest leftists in the White House press corps knows about it, as they refer to it as the "Western White House". That's right, it's George W. Bush's ranch.

But it's Al Gore the enlightened liberals want the country to follow in saving the planet.

Reason # 3,754,839,165 as to why I don't see myself voting Democrat in my lifetime.
  4. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

Hope you have those reasons in a computer file & not on paper, that wouldn't be very "green" :D
  5. White Hawk

White Hawk New Member

I bought a 4-Gig memory stick for just, ah say, just such a purpose!

:D :D :D
  6. Lead Lobber

Lead Lobber Former Guest

Bruce, your (and the source of your quote) definintion of politicians is far, far too narrow. The fox is not in the hen house. It has instead gutted it of birds, ripped it down, and is currently restructuring it for future foxes as a feeding ground.

LL