The Gator nation is sad today

Discussion in 'The Pump House Saloon' started by Double D, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Yes, for us gators today is a sad day. Urban Meyer has resigned as head coach of the Florida Gators. He has been experiencing chest pains and has spent some time in the hospital. He has given his heart and soul to the university and no one could ever dispute that fact. His decision has shocked the gator nation and I for one am praying for him to have full recovery from this health problem but my gosh will he be missed. Having him as head coach was a once in a lifetime deal. There are many good coaches out there but none can compare to the "URBAN LEGEND". He has my full support and I hope the support of the gator nation. Thanks coach for the greatest ride we have ever been on. God Bless!
  2. red14

red14 Active Member

Huge shock is what it is. I hope he takes care of himself. It is a tough deal all around. Prayers are sent for him. The state, of Florida football, will look much different next year.
  3. gazzmann

gazzmann New Member

Maybe Bobby Bowden will step in? Wouldn't that be a hoot.
  4. Double D

That is not even a consideration and its not even funny. I am assuming you were trying to be funny?
  5. more forty fives

more forty fives New Member

I should never have read this.My day is shot now.He said he would never leave at the beginning of the season he must really be in bad shape.
  6. red14

red14 Active Member

I saw a bulletin. It says he is going to take an 'indefinate leave of absence, and Addacio will take over the team in the bowl game. Press conference at 4:30.:confused:
  7. Double D

Yea man! He is going to try to get better and stay!!! He is a class act. None better. Oh there may be a better football guy but no one is as well rounded as Urban. Go Gators!
  8. red14

red14 Active Member

Yeah, work on his health, and delegate some responsibilities to the other coaches. Work on this bowl game and take a little break.