The government worker and the Cub Scouts

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by hkruss, Nov 15, 2011.

1. hkruss

hkruss Active Member

2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

I see everyone is getting all upset about "government out of control", but it ain't nothin' new.

Go to Yellowstone. Go to Yosemite. Try to take home a souvenir. One of them giant pine cones. Maybe a rock. They'll be on you like white on rice. Why? Government gone mad? No. It's quite simple. Federal property belongs to everyone in the country. So you can't just pick up a piece of it and leave. It ain't yours. It's everybody's.

How about this? The Cub Scouts go into your yard. They are picking up leaves. You don't care about the leaves. Then they start picking flowers. "Hey, stop picking my flowers". Why? They are just flowers. Maybe they start picking up the fruit that fell from your tree.

Like one of the commenters said:
    >Appropo story! Rules are rules, for sure, but in this case, there is false assumption: that a government can own what God has made. The trees may be “federal property,” but the leaves became divorced from the tree due to seasonal influence, and well could be involuntarily moved and shuffled on or off Federal property by the wind or animals surrendering to still further seasonal influence initiated by … GOD! :) I think God wins!<

So let's change that from leaves in the Federal tree to apples in your tree.

"It might be your fruit because it's on your tree, but once it broke loose from the tree you lost all claim on it, and it's anybody's fruit".

Would you agree with that? Would it be all right for the Scouts to go into the White House Rose Garden and pick the flowers? Why not?
  3. hkruss

hkruss Active Member

.......................................but they're leaves!!!.......................................

How's that for a well reasoned defense!

4. hkruss

hkruss Active Member

Nah Alpo, just messin' with ya!

So let's say I was camping in a National Park and I was low on water. Would I be wrong to scoop up snow, or dip a gallon out of a stream or lake to boil for drinking purposes?

5. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

Better not, government would rather you die of thirst then use government
    water.:rolleyes:
  6. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

Those nasty Cub Scouts were taking jobs away from Federal leaf rakers who probably make over a hundred grand annually and are related to some minor politician. Raking leaves is most likely a side job and their full time job involves sitting in a parked truck watching others work. Pretty thoughtless if you ask me.
  7. obxned

obxned New Member

Common sense and anything Federal are mutually exculsive.
  8. dad2thebone

dad2thebone New Member

wouldnt i t be a contradiction in terms?
  9. berto64

berto64 Active Member

Witch ought to be horsewhipped!
  10. HunterAlpha1

HunterAlpha1 Former Guest

but, if the leaves belong to the government, and the government is "of the people, by the people, and for the people", which mean they belong to everyone, then that means the leaves belong to ME!!!
  11. Porkbutt

Porkbutt New Member

They're busting Cub Scouts and on the other hand, the government is hauling tons of human excrement out of the public parks left by the Occutards.