The Governor hosed us..

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by rocklinskier, Oct 13, 2009.

1. rocklinskier

rocklinskier New Member

Well, it's official. Gov. Arnold signed AB 962 into law.

Another decisive blow to chip away at our 2nd amendment rights.

I wrote him a "nice" letter this morning letting stating that clearly politics have outweighed reasonable thinking, and that dissapointment is the word of the day for honest tax paying CA residents.

What is interesting is how many people have no idea that this bill was even on the agenda. Listening to local news, no one has reported on this AT ALL. I speak to everyone I can, but that is a small circle. Everyone I have talked with, (except at the local gun shop) had no idea what I was even talking about. Amazing lack of information from the Big 3 media.

Looks like Nancy and Barbara got their way on this one once again.
  2. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

He has a 27% approval rating so he may be on the way out.
  3. GMFWoodchuck

GMFWoodchuck New Member

Hmmm....Well, fight it the other way...Take it to court. Same as with the Heller case and the one with Chicago.
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  4. topper

topper New Member

All politicians are bad, all bad. that's the only way they get elected is by buying favors and crapping on people.
  5. obxned

obxned New Member

If you haven't moved out of Kalifornia yet, you have got to ask yourself "Why".
  6. kingchip

kingchip New Member

Wouldn't it be easier to deport AAAHNOLD???
  7. trex1310

trex1310 New Member

Sounds like some senators need to be voted out of office and your
    governor.
  8. flyingcubby

flyingcubby New Member

Our Beloved Actor SCREWED us royally. He had nothing to lose he can go and join the family klan and be true anti-gun. The law isn't supose to start until 2011 but with him and our two Senators I'm sure they will try to move it up til next month Ha! Ha! WELCOME TO THE SUNNY STATE OF CALIFORNIA
  9. Haligan

Haligan Well-Known Member

10. belercous

belercous Former Guest

"Another decisive blow to chip away at our 2nd amendment rights."

Hold your horses, this hasn't been found by SCOTUS to be a right gauranteed by the Constitution yet. As of now, it is a right retained by the states. It's coming (I hope), but it's not here yet.

"Looks like Nancy and Barbara got their way on this one once again."

Once again, I'm sorry to disabuse you of this notion, but actually they did not have anything to do with this law. Boxer and Pelosi are on the Federal level, not state. Thank your local representative and senator, and Guvanah for this law. Trex1310 has it right. Excercise the franchise. Ever heard of "state's rights?" This is it in action.

My sympathies are with you as I live in the 2nd most gun-restrictive state. But hey, welcome to the Republic. If we lived in a democracy, we wouldn't have had firearms for years. I generally vote Democratic, but in down-state Illinois, no Democrat can even think of running unless he's pro-gun. Still doesn't help us much `cuz of Chicago. We would dearly like them to seceed, or at least let us. We're getting closer to concealed-carry all the time.
    Oh, our Governor, well, the last one is going to prison and his predecessor is already there. We've also had a couple of others that did time. We ain't no better than California, but at least we do put our crimminals in the slam.
  11. rocklinskier

rocklinskier New Member

As far as "SCOTUS" is concerned. I don't care what they have or have not 'found'. I don't rely on them to interpret the constitution for me. I can read. I know what the words mean. I don't need Oprah, Obama, or Pelosi to tell me what the words mean.

I have contacted (email) all from the top on down. Feinstein, Boxer, The Schwartz, my Senator and the local reps. Yes, it is a "state" issue, but sewage runs down hill. Our local rep, and senator (Sam Aanestad) voted against this bill, but to no avail for our sudo-republican governor sold us out.

Cali has been under the liberal demise for a couple of decades now...and the results are evident.

And soon, thanks to some feel good warm fuzzy judges, instead of putting 'criminals in the slam' our once great state will be cuttin' em' loose. GREAT

As for me, I am going scouting. Time to get out. I've had enough. Unfortunately, the current administration is going to effect us all, but at least I can try to get somewhere better than here (politically speaking). It is unfortunate. I have lived here most of my life, but when your house is on fire, it is not wise to sit on the bed and hope that the firetrucks get there soon.
  12. belercous

belercous Former Guest

Rocklinskier: I'm not trying to agitate you, merely trying to be constructive here. I'm not trying to attack you, it is nothing personal.
    First, no, you don't know what the words of the Constitution mean. The definition of words changes over time. That is why when judges and the Justices of the S.C. try to divine the meaning of the Const. they use a 1787 contemporaneous dictionary. They also look at the Congressional debates (none recorded for the Bill of Rights, the original Const. has James Madisons notes to go by) surrounding the amendment (next best thing is the Federalist Papers). Words used in a legal context often have a different meaning than those used in everyday speech. Even more so after 220+ yrs.
    Try telling a judge that you "know" what the Constitution means. After he & the other attorneys quit laughing you are likely to learn a very hard lesson about the law. Learned men who have spent many years studying the law still do not agree on the meaning of some passages of the Const., but you have certain knowledge? I don't know how many years you have devoted to the study of law or even what your grades in law school were, but I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that you probably fall short of the level of even a federal district court judge. Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but I'm playing the odds with this one.
    Oprah is a nice lady, but I wouldn't take legal advice from her. Pelosi, I believe, has went to law school but is not considered a Constitutional scholar, and I wouldn't take legal advice from her either, at least not without checking it out myself. Obama is considered a Const. scholar and has taught Conlaw in law school. Professors in law schools are taken from generally the top 5% of law school grads. I would take legal advice from him, he's no dummy. I may not always agree with him, but it is in those areas where differences of opinion occur among Const. scholars. These differences arise because there are reasonable arguments on both sides of the issue.
  13. DebS

DebS New Member

And apparently, no one in his family actually has to follow the bills he signs into law...
  14. Redhand

Redhand Active Member

And to think that flaming Hypocrit made millions from bang,bang shootem up movies. We all need to boycott his movies since I'm sure he is still getting royalities from their showings. A one-liner comes to mind when I think about him, "Consider this a divorce Babe":D