The greatest challenge of a pastor in the south

Discussion in 'Religious Discussions' started by ampaterry, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Juker

Juker New Member

Double D, are you stating here that you are an anti-beanie weanieite? I simply cannot tolerate that...
  2. Whiskey

Whiskey New Member

:thumbsup:
  3. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

Double D, God indeed knows the labor involved.
    In my lifetime, I have been a steam fitter, a lumberjack, an industrial electrician, a repo-guy, and a dozen other kinds of work. But NONE of these left me as completely drained and weakened as I feel at the conclusion of a REALLY GOOD sermon.

Bruce Thielemann wrote:
    “The pulpit calls those anointed to it as the sea calls its sailors; and like the sea, it batters and bruises and does not rest…. To preach, to really preach, is to die naked a little at a time and to know each time you do it that you must do it again.”

Brother Thielemann knew whereof he spoke.
  4. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oh no, just would hate to see my pastor forced to resort to a regular diet of them. An honorable man of god is deserving of at least a good fried spam sammich every now and then! You go preacher! P.S. Please stop talking about all this food. Since I have decided to stop eating and give away all my belongings, I am famished. I am sure it will be ok. I am taking small sips of kool aid every now and again.......but am beginning to fade....
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  5. Juker

Juker New Member

LOL!!!!!
  6. Double D

I was hoping pastor Terry would tell me that it would be ok. I mean, give me a reason to go on. Why would any of us go on? Why? I mean, the presidency and all else is a hopeless matter in 012 and there is nothing left to live for. Right? Right? I mean, if your a christian you certainly wouldnt worry about who is going to be in office in 012 or anything else for that matter, right? Stop eating now! Stop exsisting and quit your jobs now! Why toil one more moment? Why? I am getting weak now.........gulp.....
  7. gunguy25

gunguy25 New Member

I hear you, I have to deal with racism just about everyday mainly from family. I have nothing against anyone no matter the race, I do not think am better then anyone else just because of color. The thing that gets under my skin is when people try to use the Bible to justify racism. All I can do is pray for these people and hope God will open there eyes to there ignorance.
  8. hunter29180

hunter29180 Well-Known Member

people...its up to each Pastor to decide IF they desire a wage for preaching. the best ministers I have met are those who truly recieved the calling of the lord and do not accept a wage for doing what God has asked of them. now God also tells me to support these Called ministers in whatever way i can. if it be food, car repairs ect then I am called upon by God to do so. Just like some of use have been "called" to give cash to certian people, ( and we all on this forum said it was Gods way of providing) So to will God provide for out favorite pastor here! AND DOUBLE D, EAT STARVING YOURSELF IS A FORM OF SUICIDE! besides I dont think i could bear the sound of your final moments. so if you are determined to die some way,,eat ALL the food so those IDIOTS wont get any!! OR send to Ampaterry! im sure he would appreciate the change from beaneeweenies!!
  9. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

I'd probably just skip over that post. ;):D:D:D
  10. ampaterry

I saw no reason to argue with you, Double D, as it seems your mind is made up.

I will watch you fade, then will preach your funeral.

And out of deference to your wishes, I will collect $$ from the participants, and spend it on myself.

LOL!!!!!!
  11. Double D

Ha! I knew it! Just kidding. Anyhow, thanks for offering to do the preaching....
  12. ampaterry

I have been looking at some real necessities we need -
    Gold plated bathroom fixtures!!
  13. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Terry,

'Spose you could preach mine after I eat myself to death? ;)
  14. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

I went back and read Terry's orig post and I realize that i did not have the correct understanding of what was being said so i have retracted my statement.
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  15. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

Well I guess I have to ask a question. Was he upset that the preacher used the word nagger or that naggers will be in heaven?